[SOLVED] Pc instantly power off when using my gtx 1050ti

Mar 27, 2020
For over a year I have been playing games at highest setting available with the gtx 1050ti
Over 10daya ago my PC started instantly power off in between games
Sometimes it would run fine, while other times it would power off
While using heaven benchmark 4.0 the PC would turn off within 2 minutes
I switched with amd radeon HD 6450 to check but the computer was working fine
I'm unable to find any problems
With gtx 1050ti my CPU is reaching high temp even while surfing the internet till 75-80°c
And it goes down while using within seconds to 25-30°c
I found no specific error details in event viewer
Please help
PC specs -
Graphics -Gtx 1050ti
Processor - amd fx 8320e
Psu- corsair vs550
Motherboard- gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Ram -ddr3 8gb

Solution
You can see if it's providing the correct voltage from the cables but that does not really mean it will work properly under load.

Without trying other hardware everything else is guessing. Overclocking tends to kill components faster so the card or CPU could have just gone bad if it's not the power supply.

Only real thing you can do is try a clean setup of Windows with clean driver setup to fully rule out software issue.
Mar 27, 2020
Most likely thing is the power supply, you need to start testing parts, try your card in another system, another card in yours, power supply.

Is anything overclocked?

Sudden shutdowns are not likely to be software.
Thanks for the reply
I'm low on options as right now we are in lockdown due to covid-19
It used to be on over clock but then I reset everything back to normal
I reinstalled the graphic card driver then the heaven benchmark started running for 10 minutes
then again if I use many software at once like chrome with many tabs and explorer with transfer and use of files PC still shuts off
is there any way I can test my power suuply? Check its voltage and stuff?

You can see if it's providing the correct voltage from the cables but that does not really mean it will work properly under load.

Without trying other hardware everything else is guessing. Overclocking tends to kill components faster so the card or CPU could have just gone bad if it's not the power supply.

Only real thing you can do is try a clean setup of Windows with clean driver setup to fully rule out software issue.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS