[SOLVED] PC instantly reboots while using [PSU is fine]

viduwa117

Commendable
Sep 7, 2021
PC instantly restarts while working sometimes it works fine for 5-20 minutes and instantly power off and restarts sometimes while on windows loading screen it does this.
Pc specs:
Mobo- GA H270M D3H ( latest bios)
Processor - Intel i7 7700 (non K version)
Cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 Led
Ram- 2x 8GB DDR 4 3200mhz
Gpu- HIS RX 580 8GB
Psu- Corsair VS 450
Hdd - 1TB seagate , 2TB Wd

So this is how it started,
4 months ago I upgraded my cpu from g4560 while replacing the cpu I accidentally bent 1 cpu socket pin. After that my mobo no longer recognized ram slot 3 & 4 it only worked on slot 1&2 ... yeah i lost the dual channel support after this I used my pc without any errors mostly for gaming until today while watching a movie pc instantly turned off and restarts, so I let it restart and used it for like 10-20 minutes and it started doing that again and the next boot it went off again in windows loading screen so i knew ssomething was wrong and started to find solutions.
1 st i removed gpu and 1 stick of ram then turned it on with onboard gpu and it worked fine i did run a cpu stress test for 20 minutes and there were no problems .
2nd i tried with both ram sticks and it also worked and ran fine with cpu load for 20 minutes
3rd i tried with gpu and both ram sticks, this time it only took 5-10 minutes and it turned off and restarts
So i thoguht the gpu was the problem
4th I tried the 2nd step so i removed the gpu and booted the pc but this time it restarts in the windows lock screen and i let it boot again,it took 10ish minutes to restart again and i tried again with only 1 stick and it happend again and again
So there is no way this caused by gpu ,i tried searching internet and it all leads me to psu
5th i removed everything and took psu for testing with basic things like paper clip test with multimeter , all the voltages are fine with it. To be extra sure I did test my psu on my friends pc that has i5 4th gen processor and 1060 6gb. It went well his pc never restarts. i tried ac valhalla , rdr2 for 30-40 minutes for that.
So I thought the problem is with the Motherboard because of that thing happend months ago , The question is, is it possible to be motherboard that causing this or ram ?
Thanks for reading all of that and I appreciate your help on this

viduwa117

Commendable
Sep 7, 2021
PSU is low end and too small for a RX 580(580 needs more power than a 1060). Not surprising the system is having problems.
Umm I used rx 580 for 7 months and i have a wattmeter when I play BFv at 1080p it max arount 280watts
Thanks.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Umm I used rx 580 for 7 months and i have a wattmeter when I play BFv at 1080p it max arount 280watts
Thanks.

It's a fairly low-quality PSU. Even moreso if it's an older VS. And it's more than just counting watts. Transient loads can crash a GPU and the 580 is spikier in this respect. Nor is paper clip test or a multimeter a subsituted for a load tester/oscilloscope.

The obvious thing to do would be to try another PSU with the GPU, not the PSU with another GPU. And what you did was incredibly risky; you never test a suspect PSU in a known good PC, you test a known good PSU in the PC with the suspect PSU.

viduwa117

Commendable
Sep 7, 2021
It's a fairly low-quality PSU. Even moreso if it's an older VS. And it's more than just counting watts. Transient loads can crash a GPU and the 580 is spikier in this respect. Nor is paper clip test or a multimeter a subsituted for a load tester/oscilloscope.

The obvious thing to do would be to try another PSU with the GPU, not the PSU with another GPU. And what you did was incredibly risky; you never test a suspect PSU in a known good PC, you test a known good PSU in the PC with the suspect PSU.

Ok I did as you said I tried my gpu with my freinds pc with his psu and also my psu on it both test ran successfully, now I completely removed my gpu from my pc and turn it on with only 1 ram stick problem still exist. It may run for like 20minutes or sometimes it restarts on windows loading screen and sometimes Im on bios.
So will it be ram problem or motherboard
Thanks.

viduwa117

Commendable
Sep 7, 2021
Update: So I replaced the motherboard and everything is fine now. The issue was the motherboard
Thanks for the replies. Peace <3