[SOLVED] Pc Internet Speed very slow

Solution
Try speedtest from Ookla and that will tell you what your getting through the wires...

www.speedtest.net

Once you know what speeds for upload, download and Ping are in your wires you can then tell if your router or cables need a look at.

Also get in-touch with your telecoms provider as to what speed you should be getting (and pay for).
Try speedtest from Ookla and that will tell you what your getting through the wires...

www.speedtest.net

Once you know what speeds for upload, download and Ping are in your wires you can then tell if your router or cables need a look at.

Also get in-touch with your telecoms provider as to what speed you should be getting (and pay for).

Solution
Jan 19, 2020

www.speedtest.net

im having slow speeds and was wondering if i need a new network adapter or if i need to fix a problem on my pc

well what speed do you pay for/expect? 16mb, 50 or 100mb? until you know that from the provider and what is actually going into your system it makes little sense to fix something that may not be broken. If your speeds are way slower than what they were the can be several causes that may have nothing to do with your hardware.

Where I live we had copper wire running from the local control box to the house, now we are still on a copper feed to the street but Telecon laid optic fibre cables and in the few weeks they were doing that our internet speed halved. So you never know what migh be causing this issue. Get in-touch with your providor and see if anything comes up.