Question PC interrupted while booting, reinstalling windows either restarts the PC or freezes

Oct 8, 2024
Apologies for the formatting I am using mobile.

I'm using an Asus prime b550m-a wifi motherboard.
Seasonic Focus 750w gold
32GB ddr4 gskill ripjaws
Ryzen 7 5700g
Asus rtx 3050

My pc lost power while booting and it's in automatic repair mode but doesn't do anything. The switch in the extension cord accidentally got pressed which cut the power. Booting into the bios all my drives, cpu, and ram is detected.

But I did notice my ssd is not in the boot priority. I decided to do a clean install of windows and created a flashdrive for it. However, while installing windows, it would either restart even when it's not yet at that part of the installation or would just freeze.

I had a feeling it might be a hardware issue so I brought it to a close pc builder. They took out the ssd and replaced it with their own. It won't boot to desktop unless one of my hdd is removed so I think that hdd is dead.

The issue still persists after using my ssd so we replaced it with a new one. However we still couldn't install windows and the PC would freeze or randomly restart during installation. Their own SSD with windows already installed boots to desktop no problems but it was late at night already so no further testing was made.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

But I did notice my ssd is not in the boot priority.
What is the make and model of your SSD?

Asus prime b550m-a wifi
What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

unless one of my hdd is removed so I think that hdd is dead
Does your HDD have an older install of your OS or perhaps has partitions pertaining to the OS?

Reactions: rainrider23
Oct 8, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

But I did notice my ssd is not in the boot priority.
What is the make and model of your SSD?

Asus prime b550m-a wifi
What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

unless one of my hdd is removed so I think that hdd is dead
Does your HDD have an older install of your OS or perhaps has partitions pertaining to the OS?
It's a Kingston 1TB m.2 nvme, but I cant check the specific model right now as I left it in the shop.
Same with the bios version, but it has been at least more than a year since the last bios update unless automatic updates are a thing.
Yes that old hard drive was from my old laptop. But this hdd was disconnected already to isolate the problems. I also wiped my SSD, the 2nd HDD has no older install of an OS.