[SOLVED] PC is barely 3 weeks old, ran SFC /scannow and showing files are corrupt

Sep 6, 2019
This is what it says after I run it:

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to ix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file.

Does this mean I will now have to reinstall Windows?

I did try and run the DISM command here:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

That one resulted in saying "The component store is repairable". Does that mean that's also corrupted?

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Well, run

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

under an elevated command prompt and see if it repairs. If it does, then I wouldn't worry much about it. If it doesn't, then you might want to consider:

Doing a Windows 10 Repair Install or Feature Update Using the Windows 10 ISO file

With a machine that's only a couple of weeks old this is odd, to say the least. It's also worth considering a return on the machine.

Solution
Sep 6, 2019
Well, run

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

under an elevated command prompt and see if it repairs. If it does, then I wouldn't worry much about it. If it doesn't, then you might want to consider:

Doing a Windows 10 Repair Install or Feature Update Using the Windows 10 ISO file

With a machine that's only a couple of weeks old this is odd, to say the least. It's also worth considering a return on the machine.

I will try that later, thanks! This is a brand new computer that I built only 3 weeks ago. Everything else is running fine, I would hate to just reinstall Windows for this since I got all my games downloaded, etc.

TRENDING THREADS