[SOLVED] PC is burning RAMs?

istemi

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2014
Hi,

A few weeks ago I came home to my PC, it was not starting. When pushed the power button, all the lights including the all lights on motherboard and fans ( except for graphics card ) were working for quarter of a second and it was shuting down, after 5 seconds it was trying to boot again by its own but shuting down in split second again and again and again... Trying to figure out the problem I took off one of the RAM sticks and took the battery out and pluged it back in and turned it on, it started getting power and motherboard gave me 3 beeps. So I put the other RAM alone and PC booted normaly. I used it like that for a couple of weeks but today when I came home, exact the same problem. Is my motherboard or PSU or my electricity provider eating my RAM sticks or something? Any ideas for what happened so I can try to prevent it happening again?

Thank you!

Solution
You could try to use pressurized air and lightly blow the RAM slots (without the RAM seated) and/or reseat the RAM in different slots. Trying the easiest solutions are always the best solutions. :)