[SOLVED] PC is crashing while under load due to kernel 41?

Jul 13, 2021
Hello, My PC has been crashing lately and while I have the knowledge of building and setting up PC's, I have zero knowledge in diagnosing issues pertaining to Windows 10 like stop codes, etc etc.This crash (restart) appears to be while under load.
My Specs:
Ryzen 7 2700X
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 GPU(GV-N960G1 GAMING-4GD (rev. 1.1)
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT Grey 16GB DDR4 3000
Seagate Barracuda 1TB
Kingston Now A400, 2,5" - 240GB
Corsair CX600 600W Bronze

Solution
wait, if that crash dont write dump files then its PSU ?
Event 41 is just as Colif said it is not specific and could be caused by hardware or software.

In you case the CX600 was a rather bad power supply anyhow that would be a good place to start.

Instead of just buying a new one I would first try to borrow a friends power supply if at all possible. Run a full system stress test and see if it fails with another PSU.

As of right now this is about the best buy on one in the US.
https://www.newegg.com/corsair-rm-series-rm650-cp-9020194-na-650w/p/17-139-101
Jul 13, 2021
10 yo PSU. Replace it and try again.
Thought of this as well,cause i tried RAM tests cpu and graphics too, everything looks normal,just after some time under heavy load it will crash.i mean i played also Valorant and that isnt like very heavy load game and it happened after few hours again (everything at low,GPU going like 50% and cpu 20%). I'll try that.

Colif

Win 11 Master
kernel 41 is a reaction, not a cause.

Windows runs a report at startup and if it finds the previous shutdown was unexpected it creates event 41

It doesn't necessarily mean its PSU but if its old, it could... if PC is old, it could be any part

Jul 13, 2021

Windows runs a report at startup and if it finds the previous shutdown was unexpected it creates event 41

It doesn't necessarily mean its PSU but if its old, it could... if PC is old, it could be any part
I bought that PSU with GPU like 5-6 years ago,but motherboard,cpu,ram are 2years old.Can i somehow try to see if something is in dump files (im not experienced in this so if you will help me) ? i mean also kernel 41 has this in Details : https://ctrlv.cz/zQ7B

Jul 13, 2021

I tried something with those dump files (using WhoCrashed) tried complete and mini and it always wrote this
The following dump files were found but could not be read. These files may be corrupted:
C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
C:\Windows\Minidump\070621-19421-01.dmp
i mean is there an option that my HDD or SSD is bad ?im just lost...

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I would be surprised if you had much of interest in your dump logs give the full instant shutdowns. In any case, you have an ancient PSU, which wasn't really very good when it was new a very long time ago, in a modern Ryzen platform. I'd suggest a replacement even if you had no issues visible to the naked eye, so when you're actually having issues, swapping it out for something not designed for post-1999 PCs is a real no-brainer.

Jul 13, 2021
I would be surprised if you had much of interest in your dump logs give the full instant shutdowns. In any case, you have an ancient PSU, which wasn't really very good when it was new a very long time ago, in a modern Ryzen platform. I'd suggest a replacement even if you had no issues visible to the naked eye, so when you're actually having issues, swapping it out for something not designed for post-1999 PCs is a real no-brainer.
do you have any recommendations for me ? i don't know much about brands and if their products work. i can go to about 150$

Hello, My PC has been crashing lately and while I have the knowledge of building and setting up PC's, I have zero knowledge in diagnosing issues pertaining to Windows 10 like stop codes, etc etc.This crash (restart) appears to be while under load.
My Specs:
Ryzen 7 2700X
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 GPU(GV-N960G1 GAMING-4GD (rev. 1.1)
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT Grey 16GB DDR4 3000
Seagate Barracuda 1TB
Kingston Now A400, 2,5" - 240GB
Corsair CX600 600W Bronze
Reseat ALL plugs...test.
Get a can of compressed air and give the psu a few shots of air from both directions...test.
While your inside give the rest of the innards a cleaning with the air.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
wait, if that crash dont write dump files then its PSU ?
Event 41 is just as Colif said it is not specific and could be caused by hardware or software.

In you case the CX600 was a rather bad power supply anyhow that would be a good place to start.

Instead of just buying a new one I would first try to borrow a friends power supply if at all possible. Run a full system stress test and see if it fails with another PSU.

Solution
Jul 13, 2021

unlucky that there is no friend around me that could borrow me his power supply, soo i just ordered this one Seasonic Focus (GX-750) - 750W (heard this is one of the best power supplies)

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
unlucky that there is no friend around me that could borrow me his power supply, soo i just ordered this one Seasonic Focus (GX-750) - 750W (heard this is one of the best power supplies)

It's in our curated PSU tier list in Tier A, which is quite good. Good move; it's smart to replace the PSU if possible even if the PSU isn't the direct cause this time. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Jul 13, 2021
it looks like it really was an old and already defective PSU thanks for the advice everyone,its been like a week without crashes (tried everything that made pc to restart and nothing)