Question PC is dying on me quickly, need help figuring out why

Mar 2, 2023
Hi everyone,

First time posting here. Before I start explaining the problem I'm facing, here are my pc specs that I built in 2018-2019.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 core
Motherboard: Asus Prime x470
Ram: 16GB Vengeance DDR4 2133
SSD/HDD: WD SSD 1TB
GPU: rtx 2070 Super Evga
PSU: 650W Bronze EVGA -- honestly don't remember exactly what it is cause I bought it in 2016, but it should pretty similar.

So, as stated above, I built my pc in 2018-2019 and have had almost zero problems except for a few hiccups here and there. Now, about 2/3 weeks ago, I started getting blue screens saying MEMORY_MANAGEMENT every couple of days or so, usually when playing games (mostly warzone) or right after exiting the game. This problem slowly got worse over the weeks until it started getting blue screens multiple times a day with the same memory error and a new one saying FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE. The errors would alternate every time my pc crashed. I also started playing Hogwarts Legacy a couple of days ago and this is where my pc went to <Mod Edit>. Blue screening very often every day and today after exiting HL, my pc crashed and stayed on a black screen but did not reset like it usually does. I left it for about 5-10 minutes to see if it would reset but I did not so I just shut it off (my keyboard and mouse were not lit, don't know this is important but yeah). When powering back on, my pc did want to post and was going full blast, kind of like a car not starting and so I shut it down again and turned off the PSU for abt 5 minutes before starting it back up again. This time my pc was turning on and back off again for a solid minute before launching in safe mode. Now, I'm writing this right after this happened and was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what the problem is before my pc decides not to start at all. I'm pretty stressed since this is the only computer that I use for everything including uni work. I don't have a laptop and so having my pc going kaput would put me in a pretty stressful spot since midterms, assignments etc. are coming up very soon. I won't have the time to buy new parts if needed.

Thank you!

EDIT: This may be important to note, but my pc has been on for the last 3ish days bcs I was downloading multiple games overnight and playing games and other stuff during the day. Overheating problem maybe? The blue screens started 2/3 weeks ago though so idk

Last edited by a moderator:

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Have a usb stick handy? Firstly test your ram. Format usb stick as fat32 and boot memtest86 https://www.memtest86.com/ and see if it throws errors. If it does, it isn't an expensive nor exhaustive fix.

Is your ram single or two making up 16gb? Depending what memtest86 finds, if it's a single stick try reseating it. If two, then try each individually or reseat them both / switch them around.