[SOLVED] PC is freezing on every game and have to use power button to restart. HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lrman

Reputable
Aug 7, 2019
This has been happening for about a week or two now and it is really killing me. I will start a game and then I can get through the loading screens most of the time but after like a couple of minutes of gameplay my game will freeze with some audio still going. I can't alt-tab out or ctrl alt del, all I can do is hold down the power button on my case and restart my PC.

I am really struggling with what to do because I have tried SO MANY things from the internet like updating drivers (of all kind audio, display, motherboard), updated my BIOS, rolled back my drivers, uninstalled HD audio drivers, reinstalled windows through the control panel option not with a USB stick. I have also run sfc /scannow that had some corrupt files but I fixed that. I ran prime95 for a couple of hours to test the CPU it had good temps and didn't come up with any errors. I did the memtest thing that was fine. I tried running benchmarks for my GPU and all those were fine. I've looked in my BIOS to see if my CPU or GPU was overclocked and my CPU had an option that would overclock it but I disabled that nothing changed. I've looked in my event viewer and saw that I had some Kernel-Power critical error but I figured that was from me manually shutting down the computer when the freezes happen. There were also some DistributedCOM errors but I dont think that has anything to do with anything.

I am at a total loss here I have no idea what to do or what is wrong. My only thought now is maybe my PSU is dying?? Anything would help!!

Solution
I figured it out, windows defender was blocking all my games so I went into the windows security options, then click virus and threat protection, then click manage settings under virus and threat protection settings, then scroll down to exclusions and click add or remove exclusions after that just add the steam folder or wherever your games are. Hope this helps someone!

Lrman

Reputable
Aug 7, 2019
I figured it out, windows defender was blocking all my games so I went into the windows security options, then click virus and threat protection, then click manage settings under virus and threat protection settings, then scroll down to exclusions and click add or remove exclusions after that just add the steam folder or wherever your games are. Hope this helps someone!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.