[SOLVED] PC is freezing whenever gaming with a small electronic noise

Dec 30, 2018
This is happening to me for the 2nd time actually , i would get a small electronic noise , the frame on the screen would just freeze and i would have to restart through the button on the case , this is strictly happening in games , the first time it happened was 4 months ago , it got very frequent and happened in light games too like rocket league .

***TEMPS WERE ALWAYS FINE***

NOTE:- Sometimes the lights on my keyboard and mouse would go off and sometimes they wont ,
when it happened for the first time , sometimes after restarting the display wouldn't turn on or the PC would go into a boot loop , fans would turn on then go off , this repeated again and again.

I took it to the guy who build my system , he checked and came to the conclusion that the PSU has gone bad and we changed it , the system has worked fine for over 3 and a half months BUT Im getting the same problem now , PC could run for 10 mins or 2 hours , i never know when the crash is coming.

I updated to the latest windows update through settings & gpu , chipset , audio , lan , network , BIOS all drivers are up to date .

Tried overclocking , didn't help, still crashed with some random BSOD's .

Tried Fortnite , pubg , gtaV PC would crash at random times . Tried AIDA64 Ex , doesn't crash the pc , stressed everything. idont know if the problem is software or hardware related so im gonna leave my pc specs below:-

cpu - i5 7600k
gpu - 1060 3gb
MB - Z270 MSI TOMAHAWK ARCTIC
cooling - h60 120mm (push pull config)
ram - adata xpg flame 8gb x 2 2400mhz
SSD - WD green 120 gig
HDD - 1tb 5400 rpm toshiba
PSU - ANTEC 80+ bronze 650 watt(old one was corsair tx 650m)

I have a benq 144hz monitor connected to the displayport and a LG 60hz connected to hdmi.

I have custom cables when i first build the system , could they have gone bad?? Any help is highly appreciated . Thanks guys.

Solution
sorry , updating this after a long time , my pc got a trojan in it , this is happening about 3 days later after the last answer on here (which was 8th Jan) , I had a backdoor trojan named skeeyah.a rfn , pc resarted multiple times on its own , I tried resetting but then ended up stopping it in between , removed the trojan using windows malicious software removal tool , it originated from schemas folder (I forgot where its located) , I changed all the passwords just to be careful , deleted that Microsoft account , deleted all mail , idk what else to do , whole drive which had my games got corrupted (maybe because I stopped the pc reset) idk , I bought new ram , sata ssd and hdd ,

installed it but the pc wasn't posting but ez debug led...
Dec 30, 2018

I installed the second monitor specifically to monitor temps while I'm gaming , so even using just the monitor with displayport , still freezes all the same

Dec 30, 2018
Also , last night i ran prime 95 for about 3 and a half hours , all seemed fine no crashes so i shut the pc down , this morning i played gtaV for about 4 hours at 100hz , after 2-3 minutes of closing the game...

I got a BSOD saying "PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA" and it said *** cdd.dll failed***
(this was stuck at 100% for about 25 mins. so i shut off the psu switch)

Dec 30, 2018
I did memtest but I forgot that you said that I should do ram stick one by one , but still I'll tell you the results, only 2/4 tests passed and about 40 mins had gone by and then the screen just froze.

Dec 30, 2018

So I don't need to remove the stick all together ? If yes then is solo test an option in memtest?
Btw I'm using memtest86 (it said it's for both 32 and 64 bit systems)

Dec 30, 2018

At the time the test froze , the sticks were in dimm slots 2 and 4 so yeah they were dual channel , I'll remove one and then do it again. Thanks for clarifying.

Dec 30, 2018
sorry , updating this after a long time , my pc got a trojan in it , this is happening about 3 days later after the last answer on here (which was 8th Jan) , I had a backdoor trojan named skeeyah.a rfn , pc resarted multiple times on its own , I tried resetting but then ended up stopping it in between , removed the trojan using windows malicious software removal tool , it originated from schemas folder (I forgot where its located) , I changed all the passwords just to be careful , deleted that Microsoft account , deleted all mail , idk what else to do , whole drive which had my games got corrupted (maybe because I stopped the pc reset) idk , I bought new ram , sata ssd and hdd ,

installed it but the pc wasn't posting but ez debug led wasn't firing up but when I put the old ram , DRAM and CPU led fired up , both were firing up alternatively , so I replaced the motherboard and the pc started , installed windows , activated it , everything is working fine till now.

Solution
Dec 30, 2018
Again , so sorry , updating this after a very long , i finally swapped the ssd and hdd , deleted the microsoft account , deleted all my mails , even the archieved ones . Started fresh and haven't gotten any trouble till now .