Question PC is half frozen when I wake up every day, but works fine all day after a reset ?

KalebPi

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2016
For a couple of weeks now when I wake up my PC is frozen. I have alarms set in a website and those do not go off. this happens every single night. sometimes i can see the windows with some errors and can click around but slowly the computer becomes unusable. after a reset, it is fine for the whole day. sometimes the screen is fully black, but i can do keyboard movement to open things and i can hear sounds like windows is running underneath the black screen. things i have running are, wallpaper engine, at least 4 chrome tabs or more. I have recently upgraded my GPU to a 3070 ti. I also over the weekend replaced two of my RAM sticks because i have 4x8gb but i realized two were 3200 and two were 2400. so now all my ram is matching. But the issue is still occurring. Possibly unrelated, recently when playing overwatch my game, discord, and other applications can all crash at once. It doesn't happen often but has happened 3 or 4 times in the last couple of weeks. that happens when launching the game while in discord voice chat, and once it happened when loading a match.

system:
Windows 10 64bt
Ryzen 5 5600x
Gigabyte Windforce 3070 ti
Gigabyte GA-AX370-GAMING 5
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200
SeaSonic S12III 650 W 80+ Bronze
SanDisk SSD PLUS 240 GB (SSD windows is on)

I got some images/video from the one morning where the screen wasn't all black. In these images notice that the windows look like they are from windows 7 or Vista? it should be normal windows 10. I am wondering if it is the GPU because of all the weird visual bugs??
in the video you will see i can move and open things, but it eventually becomes slowly unresponsive.

Images and video on Imgur

prob unrelated. when i unplug a USB from the back, sometimes most of the USBs will shut off and come back on after a few sec. lights inside the PC will flash as well.

also a few weeks ago when i first noticed my ram speeds were slow, i found out i did not have XMP enabled (maybe it got disabled on its own, idk). So I enabled it. this was close to the time I got my new GPU as well. so maybe XMP is causing this problem?

lastly, i did a sys scan in CMD and it said it found corrupted files and that it fixed them, but this issue is still there. I have the log file, but its huge so idk where to post it to share here. i tried google drive but that doesn't seem to work.

thanks for any help and let me know if you need more info

For a couple of weeks now when I wake up my PC is frozen. I have alarms set in a website and those do not go off. this happens every single night. sometimes i can see the windows with some errors and can click around but slowly the computer becomes unusable. after a reset, it is fine for the whole day. sometimes the screen is fully black, but i can do keyboard movement to open things and i can hear sounds like windows is running underneath the black screen. things i have running are, wallpaper engine, at least 4 chrome tabs or more. I have recently upgraded my GPU to a 3070 ti. I also over the weekend replaced two of my RAM sticks because i have 4x8gb but i realized two were 3200 and two were 2400. so now all my ram is matching. But the issue is still occurring. Possibly unrelated, recently when playing overwatch my game, discord, and other applications can all crash at once. It doesn't happen often but has happened 3 or 4 times in the last couple of weeks. that happens when launching the game while in discord voice chat, and once it happened when loading a match.

system:
Windows 10 64bt
Ryzen 5 5600x
Gigabyte Windforce 3070 ti
Gigabyte GA-AX370-GAMING 5
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200
SeaSonic S12III 650 W 80+ Bronze
SanDisk SSD PLUS 240 GB (SSD windows is on)

I got some images/video from the one morning where the screen wasn't all black. In these images notice that the windows look like they are from windows 7 or Vista? it should be normal windows 10. I am wondering if it is the GPU because of all the weird visual bugs??
in the video you will see i can move and open things, but it eventually becomes slowly unresponsive.

Images and video on Imgur

prob unrelated. when i unplug a USB from the back, sometimes most of the USBs will shut off and come back on after a few sec. lights inside the PC will flash as well.

also a few weeks ago when i first noticed my ram speeds were slow, i found out i did not have XMP enabled (maybe it got disabled on its own, idk). So I enabled it. this was close to the time I got my new GPU as well. so maybe XMP is causing this problem?

lastly, i did a sys scan in CMD and it said it found corrupted files and that it fixed them, but this issue is still there. I have the log file, but its huge so idk where to post it to share here. i tried google drive but that doesn't seem to work.

thanks for any help and let me know if you need more info
Mismatch set of ram will cause more issues then help your system