[SOLVED] PC is making weird noises. Cannot consistently replicate the problem.

sceptism

Prominent
Aug 6, 2019
Hi all,

I have a friend that experienced this problem a few months back (fan sounding noise as shown in video). He changed all the case fans to brand new case fans and everything seems fine. A few months later which is now, this happened again out of the blue. When we stress test the PC with OCCT and Heaven for hours, we can't seem to get the problem to replicate itself at the location where we purchased the PC (similar to the first time when we sent the PC back).

It seems like this problem only happens at my friend's home. So we are at our wit's end. Any veterans happen to know why this might be happening? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

sceptism

Prominent
Aug 6, 2019
Is it sitting on a hollow plastic table as a desk ? That is LOUD

Sounds like a bad water pump or REALLY bad hard drive...

Hey @Wrecker75 he puts it on the floor though. Just a quick update: we're like close to 3 hours into Heaven and OCCT stress testing and there isn't even a single moment this sound happens. It's driving me crazy.

Wrecker75

Upstanding
Aug 27, 2019
Is there any water cooling? Obviously rules out pumps if there isn't any. Also, tell him next time it starts doing it sneak up on it with a screwdriver :LOL:, but use it to feel for the source of the vibration, touching it to the fans (or even just stopping them by hand for a second), drives, water pump if it does have one. OBVIOUSLY don't touch anywhere that could short something out.

sceptism

Prominent
Aug 6, 2019
Is there any water cooling? Obviously rules out pumps if there isn't any. Also, tell him next time it starts doing it sneak up on it with a screwdriver :LOL:, but use it to feel for the source of the vibration, touching it to the fans (or even just stopping them by hand for a second), drives, water pump if it does have one. OBVIOUSLY don't touch anywhere that could short something out.

@Wrecker75 Ok I'll get him to try that. Yea he doesn't have any pumps. In the end we just switched out all the case fans even the power supply just to make sure every single bloody fan is new damn it. Really driving me nuts. But thanks for your help!