Question Pc is not booting after XMP Profile

Feb 20, 2023
Hello guys

So my RAM were stucks at 2666MHz for a while i couldn't enable XMP because my PC wouldn't start at all with it, recently i tried to enable the XMP 3000MHz instead of the 3200 and it seems to works fine except for the boot part. When i press the power button, the LED on my PC start and i hear the fan but i have a black screen like nothing started at all, and i need to restart it multiples times for it to launch properly (this morning at least 10 times)

I've seen this topic with a problem very similar to mine and i was wondering if there is a solution for this ? https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/pc-is-not-booting-after-xmp-profile.3654009/

And, since it wont start i now let my PC in sleep mode during the night, will it affect my components ? Is the 300Mhz gained worth all this struggle ? I seems to have more FPS on Valorant but i'm wondering if i should not disable XMP

PC run just fine when he decided to start

My PC setup is :
CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GPU : Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT PULSE
Pure Rock Be Quiet
Motherboard : Asus TUF B450-Plus Gaming
RAM : DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, 16 Go (2 x 8 Go), 3200 MHz
SSD : Crucial MX500, 500, SATA III
HDD : Seagate BarraCuda 1 TO
PSU : Corsair CV650, 650W

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
So...

XMP requires more power delivery from the motherboard via the VRM. In addition to this motherboard not having the most robust VRM, your power supply is right under the recommended power delivery of 700W to your GPU. It isn't one of the higher end models, so age and other factors could be causing an instability when trying to boot with the increased setting.

Download CPU-Z and use the SPD tab to see the reported JEDEC timings as well as XMP and it's voltage. Start low and work your way to faster settings until you lose stability or can't boot and go back one.

Feb 20, 2023
So...

XMP requires more power delivery from the motherboard via the VRM. In addition to this motherboard not having the most robust VRM, your power supply is right under the recommended power delivery of 700W to your GPU. It isn't one of the higher end models, so age and other factors could be causing an instability when trying to boot with the increased setting.

Download CPU-Z and use the SPD tab to see the reported JEDEC timings as well as XMP and it's voltage. Start low and work your way to faster settings until you lose stability or can't boot and go back one.

I'm sorry but i didn't understand what i'm supposed to do, i don't know very much about PC

Once i checked the XMP and its voltage, i lower it in the BIOS ? By how much ?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I'm sorry but i didn't understand what i'm supposed to do, i don't know very much about PC

Once i checked the XMP and its voltage, i lower it in the BIOS ? By how much ?

If you don't know what you are doing don't mess around with it. Disable XMP profile.

Not to be rude, or dismissive, but if you didn't understand and don't know what you are doing in BIOS, I tend to agree with @NerdyVixen .
IF you go into the settings and input the wrong values you can damage your system or cause it not to boot properly.

Do you have any friends that are computer savvy?

Reactions: NerdyVixen

zx128k

Reputable
CORSAIR CMK16GX4M2B3200C16(Ver4.24) 2*8GB DS Samsung 16-18-18-36 1.35 3200 3200

Ram is in his motherboards QVL for his CPU at the rated speed. Really it should be a matter of plug and play. He should just be able to set the timings and it work.

Its not on the b-die finder website but I found this picture and it could be b-die.

16_big.jpg

If this is b-die it should work without issue. There could be the wrong settings in BIOS or a fault with the RAM at XMP. If all above is correct.