[SOLVED] PC is not turning On with Antec HCG850 Gold.

jaseemharry

Prominent
Sep 5, 2021
My new PC is not turning on and when I switched the new power supply with the old one the PC is working smoothly. So is it confirmed the new PSU is the culprit. Or is it part of any failsafe mechanism that is keeping the PSU at off position.
Thank you.

PSU - ANTEC HCG850 GOLD
i7 12700 + 32 GB Ram
No GPU.

Solution
So, there is really only one answer here. Especially lacking a graphics card that could be unwilling to play nice with certain power supply models as some of them have issues with each other.

If the system works fine with an old, lower capacity VP450P, then there is no way it should be having issues with a HCG850. There must be something wrong with the PSU itself unless you are failing to plug something in or have plugged something in wrong at either the PSU or motherboard ends.

If you've triple checked all connections including for loose pins in the ends of all cables (Sometimes a cable male or female pin/receiver may not get fully locked into position inside the connector and might not make contact with it's counterpart in the other...
You didn't use ANY of the cables from "the old one" with the HCG unit, right? You used ONLY the cables that came WITH the HCG850 with the HCG850, right?

What is the model of the old PSU?

Why do you have an 850w PSU if you have no graphics card? Are you planning to add one later?

So, there is really only one answer here. Especially lacking a graphics card that could be unwilling to play nice with certain power supply models as some of them have issues with each other.

If the system works fine with an old, lower capacity VP450P, then there is no way it should be having issues with a HCG850. There must be something wrong with the PSU itself unless you are failing to plug something in or have plugged something in wrong at either the PSU or motherboard ends.

If you've triple checked all connections including for loose pins in the ends of all cables (Sometimes a cable male or female pin/receiver may not get fully locked into position inside the connector and might not make contact with it's counterpart in the other half of the connector/socket relationship) and nothing is off, then it pretty much MUST be the power supply itself.

Solution

jaseemharry

Prominent
Sep 5, 2021

If you've triple checked all connections including for loose pins in the ends of all cables (Sometimes a cable male or female pin/receiver may not get fully locked into position inside the connector and might not make contact with it's counterpart in the other half of the connector/socket relationship) and nothing is off, then it pretty much MUST be the power supply itself.
I have checked everything multiple times. The PC is not turning on with HCG850. I am requesting RMA now. Thank you very much.