Michael Fontes

Prominent
Aug 29, 2019
My computer turns off if the power cable moves, this happened and my pc shut off. When i went to turn it back on my monitor didn't have signal, so i removed the GPU, motherboard battery and the ram. When i went to turn it back on it seems like its on a old save or something. I have all me files but no apps are downloaded from recent weeks. It's like it's on a save from years ago.

Specs:
AMD 8320e
16gb ddr3 Hyperx furry
gtx 950
MSI 970 gaming motherboard
750w PSU
1tb hdd, 120gb ssd

Michael Fontes

Prominent
Aug 29, 2019
Did you ever have windows on another of the drives? has it only been on one?
Just curious if maybe after you reset the bios its now booting off an old install, hence everything seems missing?
I first installed windows on my sdd, then I got a 1tb hdd and had to clone my drives for it to work.

Colif

Win 11 Master
right click start menu
choose disk management
can you expand the next window to show all columns
take a screenshot and upload it to an image sharing website and show a link here

I suspect you may be running off the wrong drive if they both in PC at same time.

Michael Fontes

Prominent
Aug 29, 2019
right click start menu
choose disk management
take a screenshot and upload it to an image sharing website and show a link here

I suspect you may be running off the wrong drive if they both in PC at same time.
Heres the link. Let me know if u need anything else
right click start menu
choose disk management

I can't post my gyazo link on my screen shot. But i think you're right. I might be booting off the wrong drive.

USAFRet

Titan
I first installed windows on my sdd, then I got a 1tb hdd and had to clone my drives for it to work.
And you left the OS on the old 120GB drive?

We've seen this before.
OS on Drive A
Clone to Drive B, and leave the OS still on Drive A
Sometime later, the system boots up to some old state.

It is booting from Drive A.
I've seen this happen from a simple bad or partially disconnected SATA cable.

Now that you know your backup save works, perhaps you could update it more often! That way if you ever have to use it, it won't be years old.

Be careful though--it sounds like your newer installation may actually be on the HDD. If that is the case, you could image the HDD to the SSD again and then switch to booting from the SSD for the performance boost. Or if your current C: drive is the smaller one, then all is well and the 1TB only had to be initialized rather than cloned--but cloning it back then at least made you an unintentional backup.