[SOLVED] pc is on but the monitor is not recieving any signal

Feb 16, 2019
guys im a new pc builder i buy a C2D e8400 processor and and a foxconn g41 mxe series and 8gb 1600mhz of dd3 ram (single stick) and when i start the pc is on but the monitor is not recieving any signal. can you help me plsss do you think what is the problem?

Solution
It's the RAM. You need to find compatible RAM for your PC.

To begin with, in the P45 chipset era, DDR3 RAM motherboards were rare. Most mobos supported DDR2, which was cheaper.

In addition, I used to own a P45 Eaglelake PC with a Core 2 Extreme QX 9650 on an ASUS P5Q Deluxe DDR2 motherboard. As I recall, I used 2X4GB DDR2 RAM sticks. As I recall, the motherboard either did not support 8GB sticks at all, or they were extremely expensive and I didn't use them.

As I recall, later DDR3 RAM made, was not compatible with earlier P4X series chipset boards.

To sum up:

1. Ensure your mobo supports DDR3 RAM. It could support DDR2 RAM only. Download the manual and read it.

2. Your mobo may support up to 8 GB RAM total, but it does not...

Achaios

Honorable
BANNED
May 28, 2013
It's the RAM. You need to find compatible RAM for your PC.

To begin with, in the P45 chipset era, DDR3 RAM motherboards were rare. Most mobos supported DDR2, which was cheaper.

In addition, I used to own a P45 Eaglelake PC with a Core 2 Extreme QX 9650 on an ASUS P5Q Deluxe DDR2 motherboard. As I recall, I used 2X4GB DDR2 RAM sticks. As I recall, the motherboard either did not support 8GB sticks at all, or they were extremely expensive and I didn't use them.

As I recall, later DDR3 RAM made, was not compatible with earlier P4X series chipset boards.

To sum up:

1. Ensure your mobo supports DDR3 RAM. It could support DDR2 RAM only. Download the manual and read it.

2. Your mobo may support up to 8 GB RAM total, but it does not support single RAM sticks of 8 GB. You need 2 sticks of 4 GB RAM each. Buy old RAM sticks that were made around the time your motherboard was made (ca 2008) to ensure compatibility. Your mobo's manual should have a list of 100% compatible RAM sticks. By one or two of those.

Solution