[SOLVED] PC is performing way below expectations. How do I fix?!?!

Sep 21, 2019
Hi, I noticed I should be getting more frames in my games and my newly built PC was running slower than expected. Then I did a benchmark and got below average results.

SPECS:
Asus prime z390-a
16Gb Ram
Intel i5 9600k
RTX 2060
1tb hard drive
Windows 10

Any solutions would be much appreciated

Solution
I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary in the benchmark results - pay no mind to the 'way below expectations' thing, as it IS comparing your system to everyone else's.

-Your system, and only storage drive is a slow HDD.
-You didn't enable XMP in the bios, so the memory is running at the default 2133mhz. Are you sure you put the ram in the right slots according to the motherboard manual?

Ralston18

Titan
What games do you play and what results did you get versus your expectations?

Make and model 1TB Hard Drive? Age, condition, how full?

What RAM modules are installed: number, slots, GB per module, dual channel?

Use Task Manager, Resource Monitor, and Process Explorer (you may need to download via Microsoft) to observe system performance and discover what component is holding performance back. E.g., CPU, Memory, disk drive, or network.

Run one at a time without doing anything - just watch. Then transfer some files, do some googling while continuing to watch. Lastly game and continue to watch.

Look for some resource reaching a high percentage of use. Look for some app or background process grabbing and holding a resource - memory for example.

Sep 21, 2019
I play fortnite and destiny 2. My frames stay the same whenever I lower them from high to low.
My hard drive is about half full and is about 4 years old
while running fortnite my Cpu is using 56% and memory is using 51%
My ram is in the 2nd and 4th slot and they are the corsair vengeance rgb pro ram. They only run at 1300Mhz in bios but they go up to 3000 but it wont let me change it

Here is the benchmark https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/20335149

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary in the benchmark results - pay no mind to the 'way below expectations' thing, as it IS comparing your system to everyone else's.

-Your system, and only storage drive is a slow HDD.
-You didn't enable XMP in the bios, so the memory is running at the default 2133mhz. Are you sure you put the ram in the right slots according to the motherboard manual?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS