[SOLVED] "PC is performing way below expectations" in UserBenchmark. Dropping down from about 240fps, to an average of 100fps on Valorant.

Apr 12, 2021
Recently in the past few days my pc has felt incredibly sluggish when it comes to playing with my average fps dropping to 100fps with lots of stuttering etc. I've used all kind of tools like Process Lasso, Norton Scans, Malwarebytes, Driver updater, HWinfo, CPU-Z, etc. to find and fix issues that I'm having to no avail.

I did a test on user benchmarks and the results came back with my PC performing incredibly poorly. I have a pretty high end machine and its infuriating that I cannot get over 120fps in a game like Valorant. A few days ago everything was fine with my game averaging at least 240fps.

I believe my issue may have come from rendering some work overnight using Maya, waking up in the morning to find some errors about exceeding some kind of limit with the temporary storage of textures. I initially didn't think much of it but now i'm skeptical that that may have been what is now causing these issues.

I have followed many tutorials on how to optimise my PC for gaming (Nvidia Control Settings, Latest Graphics Drivers, making changes to the registry, changing settings in the bios, Process Lasso, etc) but nothing seems to affect the fps/stuttering issues I have. Its definitely not a GPU or CPU overheating problem as I have a solid 54 degrees whilst playing the game no matter what settings.

I have some suspicion that it could be something to do with Dedicated GPU memory as that is always quite low whenever I'm playing games.

UserBenchmarkTest: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/41982163

Valorant Benchmark 1:
Average framerate : 100.8 FPS
Minimum framerate : 0.4 FPS
Maximum framerate : 144.7 FPS
1% low framerate : 0.4 FPS
0.1% low framerate : 0.4 FPS

Valorant Benchmark 2:
Average framerate : 107.2 FPS
Minimum framerate : 52.9 FPS
Maximum framerate : 150.6 FPS
1% low framerate : 49.5 FPS
0.1% low framerate : 5.9 FPS

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'll be happy to give any more info if necessary.

PC Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070S (Super)
MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB (Boot Drive) and Samsung 860 QVO 1TB (Games/Applications)
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (2018)
Ext HDD: Seagate Expansion 1TB (Work/Projects)
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z DDR4 3200 C16 4x8GB
PSU: EVGA G2 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular

Apr 12, 2021
ram not running at 3200. ssd is running out of space
check cpu/gpu temp?
I had changed my RAM settings in bios from DOCP, 3200, 1600, to auto, to see if that is what had caused an issue. I have now changed it back to what it should be and I'll do another benchmark.

Regarding cpu/gpu temps,
GPU: Max:66, Min:48 (whilst gaming)
CPU: Max:56, Min:45 (whilst gaming)

This small change with the RAM has seemed to fix my issue, ily dude.

New Benchmark
Average framerate : 190.0 FPS
Minimum framerate : 134.2 FPS
Maximum framerate : 246.6 FPS
1% low framerate : 112.6 FPS
0.1% low framerate : 8.4 FPS