Question PC is randomly restarting, this started a few days ago ?

Bubbabigsexy

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2014
PC specs
MBD: Asus Maximus Formula Z690 MB
CPU: 13900k
GPU: MSI Sumprim 3080 Ti
RAM: 32GB 6200 DDR5
PSU: Corsair RM850x

I know the 13th and 14th generation Intel cpus are having problems. I had to underclock my cpu from 55x to 52x just so it would run all the games properly on my computer, since many games started having "Virtual Memory Problems" when in the previous year there was no problem at all. Now in the last few days, my computer has been randomly restarting. I've got also got water cooling on my cpu and gpu, so heat isn't an issue.

My computer runs around 40-45C normally and 70-80C while playing games. The random restarts are frustrating because I teach online and it sometimes happens in the middle of class. I just updated my bios, because it was recommended to do that and the Asus website recently put out a new bios back on August 9th. but that hasn't helped either. I don't even know if this is a cpu issue, I just assume that it is.

Any suggestions or ideas what to do to fix this problem? This is happening 2-3 times per day. This morning, it ran great for 6 hours and then it has restarted twice in the last hour. No BSOD. No problems rebooting. Just the computer turns off and then turns right back on. This started right after the last windows update, but I didn't do the update until after this had happened a couple of times, so I don't think it is a windows update problem either.