hi

for the past week or so, my pc reboots on its own out of nowhere for
apparently no reason. even after i unchecked the box to make it not reboot
after an event, it does so anyway. is this a new issue with xp? i've already
toggled the voltage, checked the fans, not sure what else to do.

Check the RAM with DocMemory (www.simmtester.com). A bad RAM module can cause reboots like yours (without blue screen).

--
Greetings,
Daniel Martín

"lenny" <lenny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6401FA25-8BAE-4CE9-BCDE-70F5DCF311B1@microsoft.com...
> hi
>
> for the past week or so, my pc reboots on its own out of nowhere for
> apparently no reason. even after i unchecked the box to make it not reboot
> after an event, it does so anyway. is this a new issue with xp? i've already
> toggled the voltage, checked the fans, not sure what else to do.

Chas

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2004

So can Overheating