Question PC is restarting when launching games.

Feb 14, 2019
I never had this issue before, I brought my PC up to college and it’s been doing it. I did leave it in the car overnight in ~32 F temperatures.

At first, my PC would restart (no BSOD, it’d turn off and reboot) when I was playing different games, it wouldn’t do it when I was in the lobby, only when I actually entered the game (I’d be in the match for 5 seconds to a minute, it was random but it’d always happen). I reseated my GPU and I went a few hours without a restart. Then it started again, it’s now to the point of where it restarts when I’m using Chrome or something less intensive. Thank you for any insight.

Specs:

i7 6700k
Evga 2070 XC
EVGA 750w Gold PSU (2 months old)
500 gb Samsung SSD
1 tb WD HDD

gasaraki

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
It's either the motherboard or power supply. I would borrow and try another power supply if possible. If it still happens then the motherboard would be the next test.

I might also try to unplug as much stuff as possible. Leave your main hard drive, video card, plugged in. Take out 2 sticks of ram if you have 4, see if problem persists.

Feb 14, 2019
It's either the motherboard or power supply. I would borrow and try another power supply if possible. If it still happens then the motherboard would be the next test.

I might also try to unplug as much stuff as possible. Leave your main hard drive, video card, plugged in. Take out 2 sticks of ram if you have 4, see if problem persists.

I’ll try to find another PSU to try. Thanks for the help. Gonna try it out in a bit.