[SOLVED] PC is restarting while playing heavy load games?? HELP

May 20, 2020
Recently i just upgraded my PC from a i7 7700 to a i7 9700k with a MPG Z390 MOBO, I also changed my RAM but i did mem test and came back fine.. Im stuck and i really don't know what to do anymore. The games that are doing the reset for me are remnant from the ashes and the outer worlds.. I tested it on less graphic intense games like league of legends and csgo and they have worked fine with no reset. my cpu temps are around 55c to 60c during all of this testing. I have tried everything!! event viewer doesnt even catch it as a crash!
My specs are I7 9700k
Rtx 2080ti
corsair vengeance 16gb 8x2 3000mhz
750w corsair rmx psu
MPG z390 gaming plus mobo

Solution
If the viewer doesn't catch it... it means its not an error or problem as far as Im reading this right, it means sudden power loss. Something like when the electricity in your home is suddenly off, which leads to PSU.. try different PSU!
If the viewer doesn't catch it... it means its not an error or problem as far as Im reading this right, it means sudden power loss. Something like when the electricity in your home is suddenly off, which leads to PSU.. try different PSU!

Solution
I am afraid of this as i just recently 8 months bought my psu.. i guess on amazon i go to look for something else.. Do i need something stronger or is the PSU just faulty?
Nope 750 is plenty i think... even 650 will do... but please don't experiment buy something proper... buy Seasonic..
If you want to have more room for CPU-GPU OC.... buy 750... its the sweet spot for your components.

Reactions: Bassplate

Bassplate

Reputable
Recently i just upgraded my PC from a i7 7700 to a i7 9700k with a MPG Z390 MOBO, I also changed my RAM but i did mem test and came back fine.. Im stuck and i really don't know what to do anymore. The games that are doing the reset for me are remnant from the ashes and the outer worlds.. I tested it on less graphic intense games like league of legends and csgo and they have worked fine with no reset. my cpu temps are around 55c to 60c during all of this testing. I have tried everything!! event viewer doesnt even catch it as a crash!
My specs are I7 9700k
Rtx 2080ti
corsair vengeance 16gb 8x2 3000mhz
750w corsair rmx psu
MPG z390 gaming plus mobo
maybe run a memtest and see and focus on your Results.
Maybe Updating your Graphics Driver and Motherboard Chipset Driver could solve this problem...Monitor your TEMPS while your in the Game before it Restarts just to see if it could be the TEMPS.
Also monitor your DISK Percentage in TASK Manager that it could Also lead to Restarting.

May 20, 2020
Nope 750 is plenty i think... even 650 will do... but please don't experiment buy something proper... buy Seasonic..
If you want to have more room for CPU-GPU OC.... buy 750... its the sweet spot for your components.
What exactly do you mean for experiment? right now i am looking at a seasonic 1000W gold will this do? or is it overkill? im looking to also have a stable OC but i am noobish in OCing

May 20, 2020
maybe run a memtest and see and focus on your Results.
Maybe Updating your Graphics Driver and Motherboard Chipset Driver could solve this problem...Monitor your TEMPS while your in the Game before it Restarts just to see if it could be the TEMPS.
Also monitor your DISK Percentage in TASK Manager that it could Also lead to Restarting.
I have monitored my temps on restart. My gpu gets to around 65-70c but thats normal with the 2080tis and my cpu is around 55-60c ish range.. I also live in texas where its alot warmer temps

Bassplate

Reputable
I have monitored my temps on restart. My gpu gets to around 65-70c but thats normal with the 2080tis and my cpu is around 55-60c ish range.. I also live in texas where its alot warmer temps

How many hardrives do you have installed on your Computer?
I'm not saying that it could be the Windows Drive hat could maybe be the reason for the Restart but Also other hardrives that could be stuck on a overwrite and could also cause the Windows to just randomly shuts down or freezes.
Check your Disk usage in Task manager when you Run the game.I think this is basically an overwrite situation that the OS Struggles to handle(Because of heavy Load)

I'm not saying that it could be the Windows Drive hat could maybe be the reason for the Restart but Also other hardrives that could be stuck on a overwrite and could also cause the Windows to just randomly shuts down or freezes.
Check your Disk usage in Task manager when you Run the game.I think this is basically an overwrite situation that the OS Struggles to handle(Because of heavy Load)
It's not the Windows... that is shutting down or restarting... it's the whole system, if it was.. Windows or Error... Event viewer would catch and record it...

May 20, 2020
i have 1 ssd and one hdd to handle my games, i do notice my disk usage hits 100 percent but this used to happen on my old system too and never reset

May 20, 2020
I mean go with an amazing brand like SS, since it's going to be taking care of such an expensive piece of art like 2080Ti
Oh yea man i am loving my 2080ti. I forgot to mention. before i upgraded my mobo i had the 2080ti running in an i7 7700 setup and the PSU never restarted my PC. Could it still be a psu issue since the 7700 is less w?

Oh yea man i am loving my 2080ti. I forgot to mention. before i upgraded my mobo i had the 2080ti running in an i7 7700 setup and the PSU never restarted my PC. Could it still be a psu issue since the 7700 is less w?
Yes!
The new mobo and cpu are both more power hungry than your old ones!
Also its not only about more power draw, the PSU itself is more than enough to handle them by specifications, i think it's something wrong with it.... and before.... you wasn't reaching that point, but now with a bit more power draw... apparently its enough to reach the limit of some part of it, which is not how it's suppose to be, by specification.

May 20, 2020
Yes!
The new mobo and cpu are both more power hungry than your old ones!
Also its not only about more power draw, the PSU itself is more than enough to handle them by specifications, i think it's something wrong with it.... and before.... you wasn't reaching that point, but now with a bit more power draw... apparently its enough to reach the limit of some part of it, which is not how it's suppose to be, by specification.
Yeah i also read a post saying getting windows installed would help since my windows installation was bugged?? idk it was saying i had win 10 but wasn't actually connected so i recently did that and was able to play a game longer than usual.. like 20-25 mins before restart... usually it takes about 5-10 mins... so atleast i enjoyed my game a little longer lol

There could be a few things happening here. A virus could be to blame, sure, so do make sure you've got up-to-date antivirus software, but because it tends to happen while you're playing a game, I'm going to guess it's one of two likely hardware problems: your power supply unit (PSU) isn't supplying enough juice or your CPU is overheating.
Another reason your PC could be rebooting on its own is overheating. If the CPU gets too toasty, your PC will shut down to save itself. ... Now do something processor intensive like running a game (or a stress test) and keep an eye on it.
If it was heat.... next time when the pc is on there will be bios message...something like "last run your pc was shut down due to overheating cpu" press f1 to continue.... or something like that...
Yeah i also read a post saying getting windows installed would help since my windows installation was bugged?? idk it was saying i had win 10 but wasn't actually connected so i recently did that and was able to play a game longer than usual.. like 20-25 mins before restart... usually it takes about 5-10 mins... so atleast i enjoyed my game a little longer lol
win 10 wasn't connected?

May 20, 2020
If it was heat.... next time when the pc is on there will be bios message...something like "last run your pc was shut down due to overheating cpu" press f1 to continue.... or something like that...

win 10 wasn't connected?
Yes, i had a weird windows 10 bug where it said i had the windows 10 installed with no watermark in bottom right corner but i was actually not using win 10.. was able to get a new code and it is now all fixed..Decided to change GPU last night to my 1070 and there was NO restarts at all.. Started to get a little worried and asked some of my more tech savvy friends and my one buddy said dont fret for he had the same issue.. He has an i9 9900k and a 2080 non ti version.. He tried playing games and the pc would reset.. Then told me HE HAS THE SAME PSU as me.. (well did) switching the psu for him made the problem go away. I was very concerned because my 1070 was running fine and my 2080ti is having these issues. My 1000w 80Gold+ seasonic is coming in tomorrow and i will install and check it then and leave an update for anyone else having these issues right now but i really hope its not my GPU otherwise i would practically cry lmao!

May 20, 2020
Yes, i had a weird windows 10 bug where it said i had the windows 10 installed with no watermark in bottom right corner but i was actually not using win 10.. was able to get a new code and it is now all fixed..Decided to change GPU last night to my 1070 and there was NO restarts at all.. Started to get a little worried and asked some of my more tech savvy friends and my one buddy said dont fret for he had the same issue.. He has an i9 9900k and a 2080 non ti version.. He tried playing games and the pc would reset.. Then told me HE HAS THE SAME PSU as me.. (well did) switching the psu for him made the problem go away. I was very concerned because my 1070 was running fine and my 2080ti is having these issues. My 1000w 80Gold+ seasonic is coming in tomorrow and i will install and check it then and leave an update for anyone else having these issues right now but i really hope its not my GPU otherwise i would practically cry lmao!
And now i know for sure its not my CPU as with the 1070 I had NO restarts.. same resolution and same settings.