[SOLVED] PC is running AAA titles games without the Display Port Cable hooked UP into the GPU. The Display Port Cable is hooked up to the motherboard.

SamTots

Honorable
Oct 15, 2014
I am unfamiliar with this concept. I am able to play games without the Display Port Cable hooked UP into the GPU. The Display Port Cable is hooked up to the motherboard. I am using "Asus ROG STRIX RTX 2070 OC". My Display Port Cable is connected to the Mother Board's Display Port. The "Motherboard" I am using is "Asus ROG STRIX Z390 F Gaming" and the "Processor" is "Intel Core I5 9600K". Can some one explain this to me.

Solution
ASUS et al had AMD MB chipsets which contained GPU capability equal to add on cards GPU and could run SLI doubling video. As a consequence of HSA, Windows and most games will use all available processing power. Not just CPU threads but including active and inactive GPUs are used for data processing eg game physics.
Try using it with a second monitor. Best gaming setup was AMD sales team demo was flight sim with 5 monitor wrap around with 6th monitor above middle as "rear view mirror", open build with naked 8 inch fan above MB.

SamTots

Honorable
Oct 15, 2014
Because you are using integrated graphics.

Connect to your GPU and you can actually enjoy your 2070.
I have been using this RTX 2070 for more than a year now. I have played games and also have done GPU intensive work. I just recently unplugged the display cable from the GPU and plugged it into the motherboard. And to my surprise I am still able to play games like GTA V and Red Dead Redemption 2 with the same graphics setting as with the RTX 2070. I understand the fact that my Graphics Card is still installed on the PCIE slot what I dont understand is how I am able to get the same performance when the display cable is connected to the motherboard but not the GPU. I hope you are getting my point.

Resolution and settings, I'll bet you can't run Tomb raider in ultra at 4k resolution.
Are your game settings max? what resolution are you running.
?
If everything is good with the internal card - sell the 2070 and take the wife to dinner.

Aug 10, 2020
ASUS et al had AMD MB chipsets which contained GPU capability equal to add on cards GPU and could run SLI doubling video. As a consequence of HSA, Windows and most games will use all available processing power. Not just CPU threads but including active and inactive GPUs are used for data processing eg game physics.
Try using it with a second monitor. Best gaming setup was AMD sales team demo was flight sim with 5 monitor wrap around with 6th monitor above middle as "rear view mirror", open build with naked 8 inch fan above MB.

Solution