Question PC is running but i have no signal on monitor

Jun 15, 2019
Hi all, i hope that someone can help me figure out what happened to my pc. After i turn it on everything sounds fine and looks normal except i get no signal. I checked all the cables, tried hdmi port instead of DP, even tried another monitor. When i boot i see a red light next to vga on motherboard but only for about 5 sec. The thing that worries me the most is the graphics card, the three fans i have on it don't spin at all and it gets really hot. my components :
MSI mortar z370m
intel i7 8700
gtx 1080 ti strix
intel ssd 128g with windows on , and sandisk ssd
cooler master liquid lite 240 on cpu
chieftec element elp 700s
hyperx predator 4x16g ( hope i wrote that one right, 64g ram total )
I didn't have the confidence to unplug and reseat anything yet and i don't think i will since it looks really tricky with my setup. So before i take it to a pro i would like to hear from you guys since you have been really helpful in the past. Btw prior to this i had 0 problems with this setup. Also a worthy mention is that i never fully cleaned it in 18 months, meaning that i only cleaned the dust that i could with cotton swabs but nothing more serious than that so the inside is pretty dusty.

Either the PSU is not supplying enough power to the GPU or it fried the GPU.

The PSU you have is NOT GOOD at all.

1st thing to do is to actually get a good high quality PSU.

Once you get that see if the GPU works, if not the one you have now fried your card.

Jun 15, 2019
Thanks for your reply, i will be sad if my card is fried but i do have the warranty so i hope i can get something out of it.... Since this is way out of my league i will take it to a service.

TRENDING THREADS