Question PC is running but Keyboard/Mouse/Monitor are not working after upgrading CPU and GPU ?

dawid.mohammedi

Reputable
Jul 24, 2018
Hello

After swapping GPU and CPU, keyboard/mouse/monitor are not responding ?
Current setup is
GPU - RTX 3060
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard has an AM4 socket
Those are the 2 bits which were upgraded so I'm not sure why all of a sudden everything would stop working the way it was before.

dawid.mohammedi

Reputable
Jul 24, 2018
Odds are your motherboard needs an update in order to boot that CPU

That is really odd I was hoping that it will work all fine just after swapping the CPU and GPU but when you mean update you mean the actual software on the motherboard? At the moment nothing is accessible when I turn on the PC the lights are coming on for the PC tower but the keyboard mouse or monitor is not coming up with anything as if there is no signal going in there

That is really odd I was hoping that it will work all fine just after swapping the CPU and GPU but when you mean update you mean the actual software on the motherboard? At the moment nothing is accessible when I turn on the PC the lights are coming on for the PC tower but the keyboard mouse or monitor is not coming up with anything as if there is no signal going in there
What motherboard? There are dozens of b450 motherboards!

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
In CPU-ThermalPaste1 image it seems like there's some paste on the inner square pins too? How did that happen? Is the socket clean? No paste in the little holes? Because if there is any and if the paste compound contains any conductive material it might still not work.
Even if it's such amount like in the pictures below?I do apologize if that sounds dumb
There are no "dumb" questions. We all started learning about this stuff at some time.