Question PC is running very slow on normal but fine on safe mode.

sonnygaming8993

Commendable
Nov 10, 2017
My pc is running very slow and it's basically useless to me now as i can't game with discord and google chrome open now. I'm pretty sure my pc got infected by some good virus as i have Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyWare but still won't do the job. I tried factory reset but the virus is blocking me from it. Please help me out, this pc feel useless to me now and my only solution is to buy a new HDD.

If you have access to another computer and a flash drive you can try downloading the Windows installation tool and load an image of a Windows installation onto the flash drive. Then boot from that drive and reset the PC that way, but at this point it would probably be safer to format the drive and install a fresh copy of Windows.

Additionally you could flash a copy of something like All in One PC Repair, which is a free suite of utilities to help fix a number of computer problems, and includes virus scanners and removers. It is capable of booting directly from a thumb drive, connecting to the internet for updates, and will scan your PC for viruses and malware and remove what it can.

sonnygaming8993

Commendable
Nov 10, 2017
If you have access to another computer and a flash drive you can try downloading the Windows installation tool and load an image of a Windows installation onto the flash drive. Then boot from that drive and reset the PC that way, but at this point it would probably be safer to format the drive and install a fresh copy of Windows.

Additionally you could flash a copy of something like All in One PC Repair, which is a free suite of utilities to help fix a number of computer problems, and includes virus scanners and removers. It is capable of booting directly from a thumb drive, connecting to the internet for updates, and will scan your PC for viruses and malware and remove what it can.
I'm thinking of downloading a windows iso into my usb drive and do a full hdd wipe and install a fresh windows from my usb drive

Root kits are pretty notorious at seating themselves in so deep they are near impossible to root out even with good AV software. Even more nefarious are UEFI burns into your system ROM. Be sure to wipe all your keys in the UEFI BIOS before you reinstall. Any viruses written to the ROM will carry over to a newly formatted drive. So this is crucial step. Any lost drivers will be reinstalled with the OS.

For future reference, never run cracked software. And if you are surfing the web, use a non-privileged account. Like 90% of window exploits can't run from a non-admin account. NEVER get software from a place like cnet download or major geeks. Always try to seek out its source on the publishers website or git-hub like repositories (That allow certification through code inspection)

You can also view the processes to see what's sucking up all your time from task manager (If the code doesn't obfusciate itself through a root-kit.) Using task manager->[processes] tab ->[resource manager] button, you can view which processes are taking up system resources like drive and network. 10:1 you're probably infected with a miner of some sort if it hasn't tried to blackmail you yet. But be careful, some viruses can be used to use your PC as a backdoor for D.O.S. and attack vectors against other machines, as well as VPN gateways to hide illegal activity. That's a good way to get someone knocking on your door.

BleepingComputer.com is a good resource for tracking down sources of these kinds of issues. There are various security professionals on there from various Anti-virus companies who sit there and analyze people's machines to see what's going on. This is a win-win. Not only does it help you, but helps them develop signatures for their Anti-virus products that people pay for cough cough

Reactions: Tech215

sonnygaming8993

Commendable
Nov 10, 2017
Root kits are pretty notorious at seating themselves in so deep they are near impossible to root out even with good AV software. Even more nefarious are UEFI burns into your system ROM. Be sure to wipe all your keys in the UEFI BIOS before you reinstall. Any viruses written to the ROM will carry over to a newly formatted drive. So this is crucial step. Any lost drivers will be reinstalled with the OS.

For future reference, never run cracked software. And if you are surfing the web, use a non-privileged account. Like 90% of window exploits can't run from a non-admin account. NEVER get software from a place like cnet download or major geeks. Always try to seek out its source on the publishers website or git-hub like repositories (That allow certification through code inspection)

You can also view the processes to see what's sucking up all your time from task manager (If the code doesn't obfusciate itself through a root-kit.) Using task manager->[processes] tab ->[resource manager] button, you can view which processes are taking up system resources like drive and network. 10:1 you're probably infected with a miner of some sort if it hasn't tried to blackmail you yet. But be careful, some viruses can be used to use your PC as a backdoor for D.O.S. and attack vectors against other machines, as well as VPN gateways to hide illegal activity. That's a good way to get someone knocking on your door.

BleepingComputer.com is a good resource for tracking down sources of these kinds of issues. There are various security professionals on there from various Anti-virus companies who sit there and analyze people's machines to see what's going on. This is a win-win. Not only does it help you, but helps them develop signatures for their Anti-virus products that people pay for cough cough
My malwarebytes scanned a rootkit before but now i keep trying to deep scan with it, it won't show anything and says my pc is good to go. My Service and Controller is always over 40% when i start up my computer and my Windows Defender is not useable as i can't toggle on anything and it disabled the Defender.

Last edited:
Can you not try a different Anti-Virus to check your computer?
Comodo is what I use, it's free and upto date.

I'd go the software root of fixing it, before the hardware root of format.

Most viruses are easily removed as long as you can use the software to remove them.

I may be wrong, but BitDefender and Kaspersky offer free versions of their scanners. I think it only cost you money if you need to remove viruses. But basic BitDefender and KasperSky can be had for as little as $10 for 1 PC / year.

The next thing to do is go to the services page and start shutting them down 1 by 1 till you see your CPU utilization drop.