[SOLVED] PC is stuck in an automatic repair loop and will not boot

Jul 16, 2020
Specs:

CPU- i5 6400
MOBO- MSI Z170 KRAIT GAMING
COOLER-Kraken x52 rev2
GPU- Gtx 1070
PSU- Thermaltake Smartpower 600 watt

My pc is currently just looping with automatic repair couldn't be completed. Initially a few days ago my pc was bsoding so I cleaned it out as dust had gathered inside and it was okay for 3 days. Then today I get a bsod and decide to reinstall windows. This has happened previously and reinstalling windows has helped. I have tried everything but I don't know what to do at this point to get windows to install. I have a bootable usb drive and configured it in the bios so it's number 1 priority. Also since I have tried to reinstall windows the pc hasn't been able to boot in addition I also got a message with the error code 0xc0000221 also I got a message that said some files were corrupt/missing. I have tried resetting cmos and if i try to press the start repair option it says it cannot be repaired.Any help is appreciated let me know if you need more information. At this point I just want to reinstall windows as I have already backed everything up.

Last edited:
Solution
Missing or corrupt files is often caused by failing HDD or bad RAM, neither of which can be repaired by Windows of course since they are hardware issues.

So I would start by testing HDD & RAM.
Jul 16, 2020
Missing or corrupt files is often caused by failing HDD or bad RAM, neither of which can be repaired by Windows of course since they are hardware issues.

So I would start by testing HDD & RAM.
Thank you that helped me greatly! I was able to unplug the SSD on which my windows were installed and just installed it onto my HDD. My followup question is that is there a way to still use my SSD or is it just gone as I am now certain that either the SSD or windows were causing issues. If there are any solutions you can think of I would greatly appreciate it.

TRENDING THREADS