Question Pc is stuck in bios

Aug 22, 2022
I have a pc I got from my buddy I turned it on and it worked for a few then froze. Then I went to bios and was looking at everything and then tried to go out and everytime it would boot back up it would go straight to bios. I went and got a usb to download windows onto it and after I did that and plugged it in it wasn’t showing my ssd or anything so I went and downloaded the thing that was supposed to make it show and still nothing and I’m stuck. Any help would be appreciated.

VASIC

Prominent
Aug 17, 2022
If your motherboard has a CMOS battery:
Remove the power cord to ensure that your computer receives no power and that you’re grounded. Static discharges can damage your computer. Now, remove your battery and wait 5-10 minutes. Then put it back and power on your computer.

cmos-battery-1.jpg

Aug 22, 2022
If your motherboard has a CMOS battery:
Remove the power cord to ensure that your computer receives no power and that you’re grounded. Static discharges can damage your computer. Now, remove your battery and wait 5-10 minutes. Then put it back and power on your computer.

cmos-battery-1.jpg
I’ve already done that multiple times. When I do it do I need to keep the ssd in or? Like it just makes no sense to me because I’ve tried it all and it still won’t show it for me to install windows on it to fix the pc.

VASIC

Prominent
Aug 17, 2022
Recently, if you fiddled with the existing hardware, added new hardware, or moved your PC around, perhaps the hardware is not inserted correctly. These behaviors may let your computer boot to BIOS every time you load the Windows system.

Make sure everything is in order.
  1. Try removing all peripherals, for example, external hard drives, keyboards, and mouse. Then, try rebooting your computer to check.
  2. Shut down the system and unplug all the cords. Then, press the power button for a minute to discharge it. Plug in the cords, reboot the PC, and check if it goes to BIOS.

Aug 22, 2022
Recently, if you fiddled with the existing hardware, added new hardware, or moved your PC around, perhaps the hardware is not inserted correctly. These behaviors may let your computer boot to BIOS every time you load the Windows system.

Make sure everything is in order.
  1. Try removing all peripherals, for example, external hard drives, keyboards, and mouse. Then, try rebooting your computer to check.
  2. Shut down the system and unplug all the cords. Then, press the power button for a minute to discharge it. Plug in the cords, reboot the PC, and check if it goes to BIOS.
I’ve read this before posting here I’ve already tried that too. It went and was stuck in bios before I went and took everything apart. That was the reason I took everything apart so I could make sure there wasn’t any dust or anything like that. I’ve taken the ssd and put it into 3 different spots on the motherboard and still nothing.

TRENDING THREADS