Question PC is stuck on screen pre bios?

Sep 8, 2019
so my pc bluescreen of death and when I turned it on it kept going into windows repair and the keyboard nor mouse would work to select options

I decided to remove my cmos battery and try and boot regularly via the BIOS
After removing flushing power and reinserting CMOS battery I am on the screen that it shows all your PC hardware with the option to
F1 run setup
F2 load default values and continue
F11 enter boot menu

However I can’t access any of these menus when hitting said keys my keyboard is litup so I assume it’s working alone with my mouse any reason as to why my pc seems frozen at this screen

Sep 8, 2019
I would suggest trying a different USB port for the keyboard. It is rare but some systems have support for Keyboards and Mice in the BIOS restricted to specific USB ports, usually the top ones on the board, until it is enabled for all ports.
I tried every USB port on my system still no response in windows repair. No idea why my pc boot into windows repair to begin with it was just fine prior

Sep 8, 2019
I got the keyboard to work in BIOS By hooking up a basic non driver install keyboard that’s just plug and play unlike my Corsair and it allows me to get into bios now prior to windows repair I set default values and load and it goes into repair with the keyboard not working. So it isn’t a issue of the keyboard not being recognized as it is in bios but not in windows repair mode. I can’t select a language to continue the repair my PC is essentially a brick atm

Sep 8, 2019
I removed both sata cables from my PC and was gonna try to do a windows fresh install using a flash drive however even with BOTH drives removed and no bootable drive connected it STILL GOES TO WINDOWS REPAIR?? What is going on here

TRENDING THREADS