[SOLVED] PC is TOO HOT

JeremyJoel

Honorable
BANNED
Jul 24, 2017
So I have a situation, I have a ryzen 5 5600x, paired with a rtx 3070 gaming x trio from MSI.

My pc has 5 fans (2 in the front, 2 up top, and one in the back.) My pc runs at the allocated temperature so just right for gaming as a cpu and gpu should run, frames are steady etc. However the inside of my case gets too hot. Because the rtx is a MASSIVE card, the space between the glass panel and the card is about a quarter to half an inch. The exhaust of the gpu is right there so you can already know my glass panel gets HOT ASF. overall the output of heat my pc does is incredible, enough to act as a personal room heater after an hour of gaming. like my room gets so hot the inside room temp vs the outside room temp is a several degrees hotter. I know the output of heat for the rtx will always be insane but like.... this seems excessive.

Note I just checked and my gpu temp is around 75 C which is normal, the cpu however is at 92c, (stock cooler, watercooler came broke.) I will need to buy another AIO water cooler it seems.)
it seems theres 2 different views on pc temp, saying that the ryzen 5 5600x is normal to be around 90 c

Solution
You can get another CPU cooler, but unfortunately, your PC still has to distribute all that thermal energy somewhere....and that somewhere is inside your room (well, the inside of your case first, then fans move it out into the room).

Changing coolers is not going to fix this, you need better ambient airflow in the room your PC resides in. A PC generates heat by consuming energy (defined in watts used) and then converts that energy into heat as a byproduct, which is also defined in watts. A PC can never reach 100% utilization, so there will always be some form of waste in this conversion, but the byproduct is always heat.

Your best approach would be to move the PC to a room where there is better airflow or another option is to get a...
90 is still pretty hot. Haven’t installed it yet, but I ordered a vetroo v5 tower cooler. It’s similar to a hyper 212 evo but has 5 heat pipes and costs about 26 dollars. If you look on YouTube, jayz2cents did a review and seemed impressed with it. From what he said he got better temps with that than his aio. There are other tower coolers out there as well but some options depending on your budget.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
You can get another CPU cooler, but unfortunately, your PC still has to distribute all that thermal energy somewhere....and that somewhere is inside your room (well, the inside of your case first, then fans move it out into the room).

Changing coolers is not going to fix this, you need better ambient airflow in the room your PC resides in. A PC generates heat by consuming energy (defined in watts used) and then converts that energy into heat as a byproduct, which is also defined in watts. A PC can never reach 100% utilization, so there will always be some form of waste in this conversion, but the byproduct is always heat.

Your best approach would be to move the PC to a room where there is better airflow or another option is to get a fan which can be situated to pull air into the doorway or exhaust it out of the room. You can also try removing the side panel of the case and positioning a fan to blow air directly into the PC, but this is still not going to remove the watts being produced - it just manages to scatter them about outside of your PC case....and into the room.

Solution

JeremyJoel

Honorable
BANNED
Jul 24, 2017

Your best approach would be to move the PC to a room where there is better airflow or another option is to get a fan which can be situated to pull air into the doorway or exhaust it out of the room. You can also try removing the side panel of the case and positioning a fan to blow air directly into the PC, but this is still not going to remove the watts being produced - it just manages to scatter them about outside of your PC case....and into the room.
Thank you! I ended up switching from my stock cooler to a Vetroo V5 cpu cooler and my gaming temps went from 92-94c to 75-82c. I think it was a good investment for sure haha. Anyway, I will def be doing the whole fan out the door method as its what works for me anyway. I am just glad my CPU is not too hot anymore haha.

TRENDING THREADS