[SOLVED] pc is turning off it self while playing games . i changed Power Supply , cpu and gpu aren't too hot so idk what is going on.

Oct 15, 2019
ASUS Prime z370-p motherboard 16 gb ram goodram irdm 2400Mhz intel core i7 8700k power supply corsair cx 850 m (850 w) GTX 1080 ti 11gb

Solution
Could be a short in the case. All the motherboard mounts being used, and with screws? Also try unplugging all USB headers and sound extensions (such as case mic adapter plugs). Is the power supply new? Are you using a battery backup? It could be failing. Have you tried a different power outlet? If the CPU gets too hot for long periods of time, it's possible for complete shutdown (but this would be worst case).
What temps are your CPU and GPU reaching?

I would suggest removing your GPU, and running a stress test or some other high utilization task. See if you can get the problem to persist with as few components as possible.

Since you've already replaced the power supply, I would be most suspicious on the motherboard being bad. Obviously there are other possibilities though.

Let's first semi-confirm what sort of CPU temps/clock speed behavior are occurring...

Download/install/run both HWMonitor and Prime95/small FFTs...

Note peak core/package temps on small FFTs after 10-15 minutes? As long as cooling keeps you to 80-85C, then CPU overheating would not seem to be an issue...

You might also check to see if any power limit budgets are possibly set in BIOS, possibly limiting your CPU to 90-95W TDP. If you have any overclocks applied at all, and/or MCE enabled (if MCE is enabled, CPU will attempt to turbo all cores to 4.7 GHz (higher if overclocking) under load if power/cooling allow it), you could easily exceed your 90-95 W power budget, and, the BIOS might have protection settings enabled to power down if these limits are exceeded...

31 may be your idle temp, but I would be more interested in what temp your CPU and GPU are getting to under load (and what program you are using to monitor).
More detail would really be helpful too. Is the computer turning all the way off, or is the screen just going dark? What do you have to do to get it back on? Any blue screens?

Could be a short in the case. All the motherboard mounts being used, and with screws? Also try unplugging all USB headers and sound extensions (such as case mic adapter plugs). Is the power supply new? Are you using a battery backup? It could be failing. Have you tried a different power outlet? If the CPU gets too hot for long periods of time, it's possible for complete shutdown (but this would be worst case).

Last edited:
Solution
Oct 15, 2019
yeah power supply is new i bought it about 3 weeks ago i'll try unplug some usb's and i was trying diffren power outlet . after playing cs go for 2.5 hrs my cpu temp was 35 before on 20 min idle it was 31 maybe could it be just charging headphones and power bank with usb?

What kind of cooling do you have? What are you using to measure temps? 35 degrees on an 8700k while playing CS:GO is amazingly low (unrealistic to be honest).

Myabe the PC is runing inside a Freezer?

Anyways, OP should really download something like hwmonitor or hwinfo that can keep track of max temps while playing, then go play CSGO for half hour, logout the game and check the max value on any of those apps.

Oct 15, 2019
unpluging some usbs helped lol