Question PC is Underperforming

Jun 18, 2019
Hey there! I was recently curious to see how my PC and all of its parts were performing compared to others. I have run different benchmark tests (PerformanceTest and UserBenchmark) and it has shown that a majority of my components are severely underperforming when compared to the same component.

Here are some of the tests that I ran: Test with low CPU usage and Test with somewhat high background CPU

I have fiddled with the BIOS a little bit to get my RAM to run at 3000MHz like it is supposed to and also overclocked the CPU to 4.0GHz (this was the 2nd link), but it still is underperforming way lower than where they should be at. I am completely lost, and no other thread that I have looked in has fixed this issue. Please if I need to add any more information that could help you help me then please let me know.

A little bit extra info: Current Power Supply and Mobo

Thanks in advance :)

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
First, those ppl on those sites aren't you, and you don't have their pc. Most of them aren't checking just to see where they stand, they are using the results as fuel to push their pc harder and higher. They want to win.

This means they are tweaking every last erg of power they can. If it says eco, or power managed or 'light' it's gone. It means they are going through their pc and dumping everything and anything that could possibly cause a downgrade in performance. Tweaking ram timings faster, bumping gpu clocks, cpu clocks, dumping AV, killing services and processes that could use background cpu power, no more Cortana, windows store, Xbox DVR. Totally streamlined for speed, and totally useless as a general purpose pc to play games on.

If 100 ppl tested, and only 50 streamlined, then any of the remaining 49 plus you will by default be in the bottom half of performance. The only way to get in the top half, is play by their rules.

Winaero is a great little program. It contains a boatload of regular windows on/off switches, most of which you've never known about. Like turning off Cortana totally. Or the Windows store. No more constant updates of stupid programs you never use. Disable stupid stuff like Location, it's a pc, not a cell phone, Google doesn't need to know where your pc is. Turn off hibernation, you have a pc, not a laptop. You have no need of hibernation or it's 75% of your ram storage use. Free up 12Gb of storage instantly. Xbox DVR. If you don't Xbox via pc, that's a game fps killer. Many older games have issues with it.

Got a Ryzen? Use Ryzen Master and balanced performance plan, not high performance. Works better.

Goto mobo manufactures website. Make sure you have all the latest chipset drivers, like audio and Lan and USB. Doesn't take much for windows to find conflicts.

Reactions: NightHawkRMX
Do you feel that the pc is actually underperforming or are you just basing it on the results you saw? Like stated above, a lot of folks get carried away with "winning".

How does the pc actually perform to you? Are you content with it? That's all that really matters!

Jun 18, 2019
First, those ppl on those sites aren't you, and you don't have their pc. Most of them aren't checking just to see where they stand, they are using the results as fuel to push their pc harder and higher. They want to win.

This means they are tweaking every last erg of power they can. If it says eco, or power managed or 'light' it's gone. It means they are going through their pc and dumping everything and anything that could possibly cause a downgrade in performance. Tweaking ram timings faster, bumping gpu clocks, cpu clocks, dumping AV, killing services and processes that could use background cpu power, no more Cortana, windows store, Xbox DVR. Totally streamlined for speed, and totally useless as a general purpose pc to play games on.

If 100 ppl tested, and only 50 streamlined, then any of the remaining 49 plus you will by default be in the bottom half of performance. The only way to get in the top half, is play by their rules.

Winaero is a great little program. It contains a boatload of regular windows on/off switches, most of which you've never known about. Like turning off Cortana totally. Or the Windows store. No more constant updates of stupid programs you never use. Disable stupid stuff like Location, it's a pc, not a cell phone, Google doesn't need to know where your pc is. Turn off hibernation, you have a pc, not a laptop. You have no need of hibernation or it's 75% of your ram storage use. Free up 12Gb of storage instantly. Xbox DVR. If you don't Xbox via pc, that's a game fps killer. Many older games have issues with it.

Got a Ryzen? Use Ryzen Master and balanced performance plan, not high performance. Works better.

Goto mobo manufactures website. Make sure you have all the latest chipset drivers, like audio and Lan and USB. Doesn't take much for windows to find conflicts.

Maybe for the higher end of the curve, but I am having my doubts that every single person who has ever run the benchmark know about all of that optimization, and are just testing their base specs like I am. I'm not really concerned with my specs vs those with different computers, it's about how all my components compare to the components just like them.

Do you feel that the pc is actually underperforming or are you just basing it on the results you saw? Like stated above, a lot of folks get carried away with "winning".

How does the pc actually perform to you? Are you content with it? That's all that really matters!

I have noticed some performance issues in games that shouldn't be having them according to min and max specs for said games.

Last edited: