Question PC is underperforming

CrillyWillyAU

Prominent
Feb 18, 2019
PC is underperforming have no idea why? About 3 months ago the performance was extremely better. I use userbenchmark as a benching tool and was getting 129% for gaming, 133% for Desktop and 93% for workstation and now am getting 100-108 for gaming, 111% Desktop and 73% Workstation. Im getting performing below expectations for almost every component. This is really frustrating. Hope someone can help with this issue.
Thanks

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Userbenchmark pits your score against other users' builds. It does not have it's own performance tiers.
That scoring method is flawed, and the testing algorithm is outdated.

Pay no mind to those numbers. 3 months is plenty of time for many others with better builds that'll bring your down.

Now, if you're actually experiencing performance issues, that would be a different matter.

CrillyWillyAU

Prominent
Feb 18, 2019
Yeah I have been getting decreases in fps on games such as rust, fortnite, gears 5 etc.
Userbenchmark pits your score against other users' builds. It does not have it's own performance tiers.
That scoring method is flawed, and the testing algorithm is outdated.

Pay no mind to those numbers. 3 months is plenty of time for many others with better builds that'll bring your down.

Now, if you're actually experiencing performance issues, that would be a different matter.
I have been getting performance issues. Fps decrease on fortnite, rust, gears 5 etc

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah I have been getting decreases in fps on games such as rust, fortnite, gears 5 etc.

I have been getting performance issues. Fps decrease on fortnite, rust, gears 5 etc
Some of the general questions:
1)Cpu and gpu temps in game?
2)Motherboard and gpu drivers up to date?
3)Done any antivirus/malware scans lately? Adwcleaner is a good start: https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/adwcleaner
4)Check the integrity of Windows files with the steps here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker
5)Make and model of the power supply?
6)I'd like to see a link to the userbenchmark result.

And am just wondering wouldnt I want my pc to be up to date with the other builds?
Well, when yours is being compared to the likes of users with 9900Ks, Threadrippers, 18-core I9s, 2080Tis, SLI/XF builds, etc...
Things quickly get convoluted and misleading.