Pc is very slow

Ysk12345

Reputable
Jan 9, 2016
I don't know the reason why my pc is very slow I've tried the solutions on other threads and it doesn't work fx. In CsGO i get around 60-90 fps on ultra or even on low the fps is always the same
What could be the reason?
Ps. I think my cpu might bottlenecking the system

Specs:
Mb: Msi 970 gaming
Gpu: Msi gtx 750 ti 2Gb
Cpu: Amd athlon II x4 635 2,9ghz
Ram: 8gb HyperX 1333 mhz ddr3
Psu: Corsair vs550 550 watts
Hard disk: 2Tb seagate

DJSlofstra

Reputable
Jun 8, 2015
Low fps regardless of the graphics settings usually is caused by cpu bottleneck indeed. If your pc is very slow in windows, I would suggest to run CCleaner, use it to clean and let it clean the registers. Also run a proper virus scanner and/or a program like MalwareBytes. If that doesn't work, it's advice to reinstall Windows. My desktop has a 10 yo 320GB Maxtor harddrive but with a quad core cpu (I5 2500, and even with the Q8400 I had before the I5) it responds very snappy in Windows. Windows boots in around 30-40 seconds and the pc is generally quite snappy in Windows.

Ysk12345

Reputable
Jan 9, 2016

Okay seems like CCleaner and Malwarebytes didn't work. And formatting doesn't work neither

Ysk12345

Reputable
Jan 9, 2016

Okay, so my cpu was at around 60 degrees (Celsius) My motherboard 60 degrees, my GPU around 32 degrees and storage device is 36 degrees on load

on idle cpu is around 45, motherboard 40-50, gpu 25, storage device 28

What did you use to read those temps? I would recommend AMD Overdrive for your CPU and read the thermal margins. Keep in mind that thermal margins work in reverse so the higher the thermal margin the cooler the CPU actually is. Thermal margin reading have a cap of 72C which is actually 0C. So if the thermal margin under loard is at 10C-15C + your CPU is cool enough and it is not throttling.

Ysk12345

Reputable
Jan 9, 2016

Well, I used a software called Speccy and I think it's accurate... I'm going to see how it goes with amd overdrive

Speccy is quite accurate but the problem is on AMD side not temperature reading software. That is the way AMD changed some time ago and AMD Overdrive is probably the only one reading AMD chips accurately.

Ysk12345

Reputable
Jan 9, 2016

Okay so I tested it out with AMD OverDrive and the thermal margin was around 14 on load

Those are good temps and you should not worry about that. Were you getting good FPS before or was this always the case ever since you bought the computer? I mean....the GTX750Ti is a mediocre card and the CPU as well. Sure they will play you some games but most of them on minimum settings at 1080p.

Ysk12345

Reputable
Jan 9, 2016
Yeah, that's true but what I find pretty weird is that it's the same fps no matter what settings I play Cs:Go on, and windows is also a bit slow...

Ps. Could it be that I did something wrong when I was buildingit? And does not having all the screws in the motherboard make a big difference?

Screws on motherboard do no affect performance. They can create problems like a short circuit if the motherboard back pins, are touching the metal case but that is not the case since you have not experienced shut downs or freezes. The way you build a computer will either work or will not, so again.....no performance differences there either. Make sure you have latest drivers and latest BIOS and no driver conflicts from a previous GPU if you had a different one before.

Ysk12345

Reputable
Jan 9, 2016
Oh no I've clean installed windows a few times and it didn't work... Okay so tomorrow I'll check all my drivers and bios btw could you recommend any good softwares to check drivers (free if possible) and thank you so much for your help I really appreciate it! :)

Unless he has bad drivers, I seriously doubt the GTX 750Ti would get bottlenecked by his CPU.

Ysk12345

Reputable
Jan 9, 2016

So I just tested it out and the cpu usage was on 25% but with Firefox open it's on 50% and I just updated all the drivers

Ysk12345

Reputable
Jan 9, 2016

Nope, no increase... Well I just find it weird that changing settings doesn't change anything so there must be a problem...

TRENDING THREADS