Jun 2, 2019
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170-X Gaming 7 rev 1.0
CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K 4GHz (Runs at 3.9GHz though.)
Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 5880
RAM: (Currently): 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz Single-Channel
OS
Running on SSD. 119GB Hitachi HFS128G39TND-N210A
BIOS Version:
(Currently) F21

So lately, I had bought a Corsair 16GB 3000MHz RAM kit from my brother, and that specific kit was running on his old PC which is now mine, and they were running smoothly with no problems.

When I bought the PC from him, the same exact build that the RAM kit was running on, I had bought a single RAM from a friend, worked perfectly with no problems on its own, then I tried to install the new RAM:

1- Installed one stick of RAM next to the already installed stick, and so it ran perfectly in single channel mode 16GB, booted up and all went fine. (It's what I am currently using right now.)
2- Then installed another stick of RAM next to them, so I could achieve 24GB of RAM.
P.S.: My brother tested the mentioned 3 sticks of RAM before, just when I had bought the single stick of RAM for myself before I bought his PC, and they all worked fine; in fact I have a picture for confirmation; I am gonna attach it if possible, but I don't know whether they ran in dual-channel or just in single-channel then.
2- (Follow up) -> Didn't work, PC couldn't boot into BIOS even though it was updated (Version: F22m)

Okay [censored] this 12345 [censored], I'll make it more simple:
Single-Channel:
2 sticks of RAM (A at 1, B at 2):
Works just fine.

2 sticks of RAM (A at 3, B at 4):
Doesn't work. (Motherboard LED gives me this error: C1)

1 stick of RAM (All of them at 1):
Works just fine.

1 stick of RAM (at anything other than 1):

Dual-Channel:
2 sticks of RAM (A at 1, B at 3 OR A at 2, B at 4):

Don'tevenknow-Channel:
3 sticks of RAM (1 2 3):

3 sticks of ram (LITERALLY ANYTHING)

View: https://imgur.com/a/vl05YBQ
<- Picture proving that the said 3 sticks of RAM do work altogether.

P.S.:
1-
Doesn't work -> PC doesn't boot up into BIOS, other than that; everything else works just fine. e.g.: Fans and stuff.
2- I've tried everything I found the internet relating to this issue and nothing worked at all, starting from cleaning the slots out of the dust to disabling fast boot mode through BIOS.
3- Read about changing the voltage to a higher one but it doesn't seem to make sense at all. And, plot twist: I don't even know how to do that.
4- I've also tried downgrading my BIOS version, and it had no effect. (Downgraded from F22m to F21, Same old version that the 3 sticks of RAM originally worked on with my brother a few months ago)
REGARDING THE PICTURE:
The rig that the 3 sticks of RAM were tested upon isn't my current rig, in fact it was my brother's new rig, a whole different system; but it still doesn't change the fact that the same kit of RAM (2 sticks) used to work perfectly in double channel on my old brother's rig. (Mine currently.)

Please help,
Thank you.

[I am gay, please no swearing or my anus starts to get tackled. Thanks and Bye.- - - Moderator]

Last edited:

Diddly

Distinguished
3 sticks will NEVER work. You have to have identical sticks in 2 or 4 stick configurations. You can have a single stick for single channel IIRC - but why would you??? Get another stick so you have x4 sticks - I always recommend sticking to the same RAM manufacturer and model when upgrading RAM. Hope this helps.

Jun 2, 2019
EDIT:
Tried some fixes today and went to a friend of mine who knows about computers; turns out the problem is caused by either the CPU or the motherboard, but it's most likely the motherboard.

Slots 1 & 2 work perfectly with no issues, it all starts going crazy when I use either slot 3 or 4.

Dude told me that he had a problem just like this, and it was because of the CPU; the exact same problem but with the i7 7700K.

Jun 2, 2019
3 sticks will NEVER work. You have to have identical sticks in 2 or 4 stick configurations. You can have a single stick for single channel IIRC - but why would you??? Get another stick so you have x4 sticks - I always recommend sticking to the same RAM manufacturer and model when upgrading RAM. Hope this helps.
Thanks dude, I am too tired to reply bye