Question PC isn't booting, lights blink, then turns off and won't come back on. Dead PSU?

ThyGlitchTitan

Prominent
Feb 18, 2019
PC specs: Intel Xeon X5650 cpu, Intel DX58SO mobo, 8gb ddr3 1333, Msi GTX 1050 Ti gpu, EVGA 600w 80+ White PSU;
So my computer randomly started having this issue, it wont boot, it wont even post, the only thing it would do is turn on for about a quarter of a second, the fans and lights would come on, then turn right back off, and it wont power on at all afterwards. there's a little green light on the board that stays on when connected to power, but the computer wont start if i press the power button. The only thing i can really do to get it to do anything is unplug it, wait for the light to go out on the board, then after it does that, i plug it back in and try to power it on, and it just does the exact same thing. I'm not sure what the problem is, the only thing i can think of is the power supply having some sort of issue, but at this point I'm stumped. any ideas?

Jul 29, 2019
Would also try resetting the BIOS to defaults, if no button on the MB, or you dont know how to "short" the BIOS pins, just take the little watch battery out of the MB for a few minutes and then out back in. Worth a try before a new PSU, as it may not be that due to light coming on on the MB.