Question Pc isn't booting up

Georgeos11

Reputable
Feb 17, 2020
Hello so yesterday i was playing a game and then my pc shut down randomly then i boot it up and everything is fine after 10-15 minutes it shuts down again but this time it didn't boot up and only the leds of my headphones are on im thinking its the psu but i want to be 100% sure before changing it does anyone have an idea
My specs are :
AMD FX 8350
2 sticks of 8GB of ram
1050ti
And a bad psu that is 300w
If you need anything else ask me

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
so the psu was really bad it was like 40 euros and its called armaggeddon
Well thats already a huge red flag - and even if it wasn't the PSU causing the shut downs, I'd sure replace it anyway.

Also your temps are quite high for that CPU (assuming you are referring to CPU temp) which could equally be causing shutdowns.

Temp issues and bad PSUs are both very common causes of random shut downs.

Georgeos11

Reputable
Feb 17, 2020
Well thats already a huge red flag - and even if it wasn't the PSU causing the shut downs, I'd sure replace it anyway.

Also your temps are quite high for that CPU (assuming you are referring to CPU temp) which could equally be causing shutdowns.

Temp issues and bad PSUs are both very common causes of random shut downs.
I had those temps while gaming if im not gaming its 45C-54C also if i change the psu will my pc boot up ?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I had those temps while gaming
Exactly. It doesn't matter whether you were gaming or not, the CPU handles up to a certain temperature whether its haevily loaded or not. What I'm saying is the temps could well be causing the issue.

if i change the psu will my pc boot up
Only way to know is to swap it and see. All I would say Is I would swap the PSU even if it WASN'T the root cause.

Georgeos11

Reputable
Feb 17, 2020
Exactly. It doesn't matter whether you were gaming or not, the CPU handles up to a certain temperature whether its haevily loaded or not. What I'm saying is the temps could well be causing the issue.

Only way to know is to swap it and see. All I would say Is I would swap the PSU even if it WASN'T the root cause.
So what you are saying that the CPU might be dead also i saw that this psu causes random shut downs if it goes more that 310w and only my gpu needs 300w but the thing is that my headphones leds light up so that means the psu is not dead so i don't know what to do i asked another guy and showed him my psu and he said that it's probably the psu

TRENDING THREADS