[SOLVED] PC isnt performing at how its meant to be

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Oct 3, 2019
So I got a new PC recently the specs are

SSD - Samsung 500 GB
HDD - None
CPU - i7 9700kf
GPU - Gigabyte Rx5700 XT
Ram - 16 gb of DDR4

And games like Minecraft, Black Desert Online and The Forest are all running at really ** frames and its getting extremely frustrating because I dont know whats happening.

In minecraft I would run at 150 frames but as soon as I move my mouse it would go down to 10 frames.
Black Desert Online would be running at 20 frames
The Forest would be running at 100 frames but as soon as I move my mouse it would go down to 5 frames.

My mouse is G402 Logitech and it is connected by USB. This is not the problem because on my old PC the mouse worked completely fine. All the drivers are updated and there are no other drivers conflicting with it.

On MSI afterburner the clock speed is only performing at 10 MHz when idle and only around 600 Mhz when underload. It can go up to 1800 Mhz apparently and does not reach its max performance, now all the temperatures are below 50 degrees and the highest it goes is around 58 degrees. Please help me

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
The stuttering is from your PC running in single channel mode - a physical issue with no other way around it other than to get a matching stick to run dual channel.

Give this a spin and see if it can find anything.
I'm pretty certain that whatever is causing the mouse to drop fps is software related.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The stuttering is from your PC running in single channel mode - a physical issue with no other way around it other than to get a matching stick to run dual channel.

I'm pretty certain that whatever is causing the mouse to drop fps is software related.

Solution
Oct 3, 2019

Does the memory card need to be identical ?
Ive run the malwarebytes and nothing seems to be wrong

OllympianGamer

Honorable
Dec 22, 2016
Does the memory card need to be identical ?
Ive run the malwarebytes and nothing seems to be wrong
I'd delete malwarebytes after a scan, windows 10 has decent anti malware built in and 3rd party programs ca seriously slow down your pc while using the internet or online gaming. Matched pairs of ram are better, same single sticks may or may not run in dual channel, depends specifically on the model.

You should reinstall radeon settings, go to wattman and set every p state to the same clock speed and voltage all across the board just to test if it is able to run at that speed in game.

Oct 3, 2019
I'd delete malwarebytes after a scan, windows 10 has decent anti malware built in and 3rd party programs ca seriously slow down your pc while using the internet or online gaming. Matched pairs of ram are better, same single sticks may or may not run in dual channel, depends specifically on the model.

You should reinstall radeon settings, go to wattman and set every p state to the same clock speed and voltage all across the board just to test if it is able to run at that speed in game.

I dont have the P states on my Wattman, neither do I have the performance slider

OllympianGamer

Honorable
Dec 22, 2016
Yeah thats not right at all, it's missing the p states which coincidently can controls your clock speeds which is what you are having an issue with, could be part of the issue, so the question is why is it missing. Two ideas, one send a screenshot of your list of installed programs see if there is an obvious conflict, two get rid of radeon settings again and install Gigabyte OC Guru, see if it has better control over your card being from the same oem.

Oct 3, 2019
Yeah thats not right at all, it's missing the p states which coincidently can controls your clock speeds which is what you are having an issue with, could be part of the issue, so the question is why is it missing. Two ideas, one send a screenshot of your list of installed programs see if there is an obvious conflict, two get rid of radeon settings again and install Gigabyte OC Guru, see if it has better control over your card being from the same oem.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/349411630724939779/630020027453669386/unknown.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/349411630724939779/630020166398377985/unknown.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/349411630724939779/630020229879037972/unknown.png

Im confused, I keep the Driver without the settings options and install Gigabyte OC Guru? Ill do this tomorrow ahah its 1:36 (Edit OC Guru isnt downloadable from their website anymore)

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2019

I installed a fresh legitimate version of windows and it wiped quite a lot of junk off my pc

(EDIT OMG IT FIXED MY MOUSE POLLING RATE PROBLEM HOLY SHIT I HAVE YET TO TEST THE GAMES BUT OH MY GOD)
(EDIT the problem is fully fixed thank you all !!!!)

Last edited: