Question PC isn't turning on at all

Jukalartar

Honorable
Jun 12, 2015
Hello everyone,
Sorry for the long-ish post, but just want to make sure I give every detail necessary.
I've been building my own PCs for the last 10 years and have never had anywhere near the frustration and problems as I'm having now.
Where I live it's hard to get to a PC maintenance/repair shop to get it looked at so I'm kind of on my own.

Ok so a few days ago my PC just turned off suddenly while in the middle of playing a game. When I tried to turn it back on the lights and fans started but nothing else happened, then about 30-60 seconds later it turned itself off.
The only spare part I had that I could test was an old PSU that i'm pretty sure still worked, tried that but the exact same thing happened (lights and fans on but nothing else happened).
I also tried turning the PC on without the GPU installed, but still nothing.

I did notice that when I had the both PSU's turned on there was a blinking orange light on the Mobo, I read from a few different places that most of the time this could indicate a problem with RAM. So since I was already getting annoyed I decided to just go and buy new RAM and a new PSU while I was at it. After installing both, now no lights or fans came on at all, and there was still the blinking orange light.

Getting more frustrated, I decided to just go and buy a new Mobo, I checked that everything is compatible with each other and it all seemed fine. I installed the new Mobo and still the same recent problem, nothing comes on at all, no fans or anything. However when I turn the PSU on all the lights on the Mobo come on and aren't blinking anymore, so obviously the Mobo has power.

At this point I've replaced everything except for the CPU, GPU and hard drives. I'm now assuming (hoping) that it's a possible CPU problem and just replacing that will fix it?
If anyone has any suggestions or ideas I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Jukalartar

Honorable
Jun 12, 2015
The current specs after upgrading the few things are:
CPU: i5 9600k
GPU: GTX 970
Mobo: Asus Prime z390-p
PSU: Corsair RM650x
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) 2666Mhz

When I try to turn the PC on nothing happens at all, no lights or fans, as well as the monitor doesn't display anything at all so I'm not sure how I would go about getting into the BIOS to be honest.

Last edited: