Dec 16, 2020
Hey guys. I just built my pc yesterday. It was running fine for that day and today until it randomly shut off and gave me an orange dram light on motherboard after trying to boot it back up.

I have tried: reseating ram, booting with one stick, trying the possibilities of my 4 ram sticks in 2 slots, clearing CMOS (shorting the mobo battery and the two pins; not sure if it worked or not though?????)

it won’t let me boot up into bios or anything just stopping me with the orange dram light. All of the fans spin, the rgb in my case fans turn on, the mobo rgb lights are on but no display to monitors. I appreciate any and all help, thank you in advance.

specs
Mobo: asus prime x570 plus (updated to the newest bios available before the issue)
Cpu: 5800x
Gpu: rtx 3080
Ram: 4x8 gskill ripjaws cl16 ddr4
psu: 850w g3

Solution
Sorry for the delay Jybarra1 I've been away on long weekend.

When installing a new CPU you should update both Bios and chipset.
If the Bios is flashed successfully then you should be good to go with G.Skill trident at 3200Mhz (2x16).

If booting with one DIMM the module should be in the slot meant for single channel mode. Check in your manual.
If still no go then RMA.
Ram not sure if this will help or not

The orange DRAM_LED indicates a fault with RAM and post will not progress till the fault is rectified.
You have 2 kits of G.Skill (2x8) modules totalling 32GB and the P/N is F4-3600C16D-16GVKC is that correct?
If so you may have a mismatch. Even kits with exactly the same spec and P/N can mismatch due to Latency differences.
Thats why kits are binned at the factory to ensure compliance.

Try to test one individual DIMM in the socket meant for single channel mode then insert the other DIMM from one kit into the slots meant for Dual channel mode. (listed in the MB manual)

You also have 3600MHz frequency OC RAM which is beyond the officially supported 3200MHz for your CPU. This and the amount of RAM 32GB using four modules is an added strain on the IMC (Integrated Memory Controller)
You will need Bios intervention to DRAM Timing Control and DRAM voltage to get them to work with stability.
If issues continue then get a 32GB (2x16) that are listed on the MB QVL that are tested and known to work.

Dec 16, 2020
The orange DRAM_LED indicates a fault with RAM and post will not progress till the fault is rectified.
You have 2 kits of G.Skill (2x8) modules totalling 32GB and the P/N is F4-3600C16D-16GVKC is that correct?
If so you may have a mismatch. Even kits with exactly the same spec and P/N can mismatch due to Latency differences.
Thats why kits are binned at the factory to ensure compliance.

Try to test one individual DIMM in the socket meant for single channel mode then insert the other DIMM from one kit into the slots meant for Dual channel mode. (listed in the MB manual)

You also have 3600MHz frequency OC RAM which is beyond the officially supported 3200MHz for your CPU. This and the amount of RAM 32GB using four modules is an added strain on the IMC (Integrated Memory Controller)
You will need Bios intervention to DRAM Timing Control and DRAM voltage to get them to work with stability.
If issues continue then get a 32GB (2x16) that are listed on the MB QVL that are tested and known to work.
I tested the individual sticks and still no boot with the orange dram light on for all of them. Should I send these back and get the 2x16 3200mhz sticks?

Dec 16, 2020
I tested the individual sticks and still no boot with the orange dram light on for all of them. Should I send these back and get the 2x16 3200mhz sticks?
And to clarify, do you think there are no issues with the motherboard itself? I just ordered some gskill trident right now; they’re 32gb 2x16 3200mhz and I looked up asus mb qvl and these are supported. I just want to make sure it’s nothing with the motherboard.

Yes if you can return them then do so. 3000MHz in a 2x16 kit should work well if tested.
For your second post:
There is no guarantee and it could be the MB slots but again more likely the IMC on the chip that does not want to play fair. It can be contamination in the RAM slot but that's usually in older systems when hair or excessive dust is present.

Dec 16, 2020
Pc support

Hello guys, I was having issues with mobo displaying orange dram light. I assumed it was a ram issue; I had gskill ripjaws 4x8 3600mhz cl16 ram before and I bought a new kit to replace it with which are gskill tridentZ 2x16 3200mhz and it’s still giving me orange dram light upon boot. My mobo is a Asus prime x570 pro. Could it be a dead mobo? I heard that the newest bios for this board is giving a lot of other people problems. I tried to CMOS the bios but I’m not sure if I did it correctly or not; I did the battery method and shorting the two pins. I have no idea what to do now. Is it the mobo? Or the cpu? I have a new 5800x.

I appreciate any help or any insight into the problem. Thank you in advance.

I have tried reseating ram, booting with one stick, resetting cmos with both methods(not sure if it actually went through now).

Should I just send this mobo back and get another one?

Sorry for the delay Jybarra1 I've been away on long weekend.

When installing a new CPU you should update both Bios and chipset.
If the Bios is flashed successfully then you should be good to go with G.Skill trident at 3200Mhz (2x16).

If booting with one DIMM the module should be in the slot meant for single channel mode. Check in your manual.
If still no go then RMA.

Solution