Question Pc Issues nothing happening at all

scotth0893

Honorable
Oct 31, 2017
Hey folks

I have a custome built pc that I haven't touch for about a year it's pretty old now, I can't remember the specs 100% but I'll give it my best go. I'm Totally out of the loop with pcs now a days.

The computer has been on maybe once in the past year.

Today I went to switch it on, and it sounded like it was booting up, but nothing on the monitors, tried the old off and on.

Unplugged the ram, HDD, SSD, and the CMOS battery as something told me that would reset the ROM? Might be wrong with that and still nothing. When I plugged in another monitor it light up displayed "no signal" then went straight off.

The Leds on the the motherboard are working fine.

When the GPU was in that light up as well, all fans are running, just nothing on the screen. Even the post bios screen. I've test both monitors they work fine. I'm thinking dead motherboard some how. I had a similar issue before which I post on here but its a different pc and I got that sorted out.

Before I send it off to my local repair place just wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

It's plugged in to a surge protector, beside another pc which is working fine..

Scan saving the day lol

2x8GB Cors Veng LPX DDR4-3200
Corsair H80i V2 CPU Cooler
3XS 8GB Asus 1070 OC
Asus Prime X370-PRO sAM4 MoBo
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 sAM4
550w EVGA B3 80+ Bronze PSU

Cheers
Scott

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonnyzord

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2013
Try updating the bios via a usb from your other computer, one idea I can think of. This happened to me when I got a cpu that wasn't supported until a newer version of the bios. One thing you could check off the list yourself.

scotth0893

Honorable
Oct 31, 2017
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/PRIME_X370-PRO/E12577_PRIME_X370-PRO_UM_v2_web_only_20170712.pdf?model=PRIME X370-PRO
Page 3-34, You have what is dubbed Asus Crash Free BIOS 3 you can try and use that to see if your platform can be revived if the BIOS is what's corrupt.

If you can source(borrow, not buy) a reliably built PSU with 550W or more watts at the entire PC's disposal, that should indicate if your PSU was at fault.
Thanks I'll give this go. I'll go rebuild it without the gpu and see how this goes.

I have another pc with a 550w power supply