[SOLVED] Pc issues

Apr 19, 2022
Hi,
Ever since I reapplied thermal paste a few days ago i’ve been having problems with my computer. The first time I turned my pc on after reapplying the paste, my temps were good however i heard a gritty noise coming from my cpu, so then touched a wire to identify where the noise was coming from and my system shut down, i then later found out it was loose RAM. But that was after much trial and error I had to keep switching my pc off at the plug since holding the power button wasn’t working, and my fans would all be going at full blast due to the loose RAM. I’ve tried unplugging one fan and leaving the other plugged in but even if i switch them the noise is still there. So I just plugged all the fans back in and turn on my computer, but my temps now seem much higher than normal, not only that but whenever my gpu fans go on theres this constant noise which never existed beforehand, i also now get some sort of coil whine whilst playing CSGO which is not at all a high demanding game, so I’m just wondering if anyone possibly knows what I may have done. I did leave my gpu on my chair for a few hours, but I didnt do anything to it

Solution
thank you for the response, today and yesterday, so do you suggest I check all the fans? And may I ask what to look/ listen out for? since I cant see anything obstructing the fans
Check fan cable if it is firmly connected to CPU_FAN header on the MB. If it's making noise, could have bad bearing. If there's another fan in the case try connecting that one instead, there has to be some fan in that header or BIOS may refuse to start.
Hi,
Ever since I reapplied thermal paste a few days ago i’ve been having problems with my computer. The first time I turned my pc on after reapplying the paste, my temps were good however i heard a gritty noise coming from my cpu, so then touched a wire to identify where the noise was coming from and my system shut down, i then later found out it was loose RAM. But that was after much trial and error I had to keep switching my pc off at the plug since holding the power button wasn’t working, and my fans would all be going at full blast due to the loose RAM. I’ve tried unplugging one fan and leaving the other plugged in but even if i switch them the noise is still there. So I just plugged all the fans back in and turn on my computer, but my temps now seem much higher than normal, not only that but whenever my gpu fans go on theres this constant noise which never existed beforehand, i also now get some sort of coil whine whilst playing CSGO which is not at all a high demanding game, so I’m just wondering if anyone possibly knows what I may have done. I did leave my gpu on my chair for a few hours, but I didnt do anything to it
In your earlier posts you mentioned problems with fan(s), I suggest you review fan and it's connections.

Reactions: livyz
Apr 19, 2022
In your earlier posts you mentioned problems with fan(s), I suggest you review fan and it's connections.
thank you for the response, today and yesterday, so do you suggest I check all the fans? And may I ask what to look/ listen out for? since I cant see anything obstructing the fans

Check fan cable if it is firmly connected to CPU_FAN header on the MB. If it's making noise, could have bad bearing. If there's another fan in the case try connecting that one instead, there has to be some fan in that header or BIOS may refuse to start.

Reactions: livyz
Solution
Apr 19, 2022
Thank you for the help. The fan seems to be in the header okay. Does the fact I’ve switched which cpu fan is plugged in and it still makes a noise, mean theres a problem with both of the fans or is it with the cpu cooler, or maybe I’ve damaged them, I did accidentally drop one of the fans. Also do you have any idea what could be up with the gpu all of a sudden, (I didn’t drop that on the ground) I dont know why its randomly started also producing a noise, which I cant tell if it’s coil whine or something else, but the one thing I know for sure, is it wasnt like that before I reapplied thermal paste. Do you think it’s worth reapplying thermal paste yet another time and reseating my cpu, since the temps of my whole system does seem higher. Orrrrrr should I just take my computer to a computer shop, however i have seen mixed reviews about computer shops so dont know what to do. Would greatly appreciate some advice, and I’m really sorry I do have limited knowledge on computers, so it probably would be an easy fix for you but I just dont understand whats happening

Thank you for the help. The fan seems to be in the header okay. Does the fact I’ve switched which cpu fan is plugged in and it still makes a noise, mean theres a problem with both of the fans or is it with the cpu cooler, or maybe I’ve damaged them, I did accidentally drop one of the fans. Also do you have any idea what could be up with the gpu all of a sudden, (I didn’t drop that on the ground) I dont know why its randomly started also producing a noise, which I cant tell if it’s coil whine or something else, but the one thing I know for sure, is it wasnt like that before I reapplied thermal paste. Do you think it’s worth reapplying thermal paste yet another time and reseating my cpu, since the temps of my whole system does seem higher. Orrrrrr should I just take my computer to a computer shop, however i have seen mixed reviews about computer shops so dont know what to do. Would greatly appreciate some advice, and I’m really sorry I do have limited knowledge on computers, so it probably would be an easy fix for you but I just dont understand whats happening
Well, I'm afraid that you will have to investigate by yourself. Maybe paste (not enough) or cooler is not on straight or not enough pressure?
It's also possible that GPU or VRM and even a fan can develop coil wine but pitch usually changes with load. GPU also has fan(s) that can make same noise as other ones.
I have no idea about quality of shops around you, but if you take it there make sure problem is fixed beofre you pay any money.