Question Pc just keep freezing and i have no idea why

When did it start freezing? Have it being like this for long time, or is it newly occured. Did you change anything or carry it around prior to the issue started? When do this freeze happens (like, can you fullfill a full hour of school work or similar)?

JellyTime

Reputable
Jan 29, 2016
When did it start freezing? Have it being like this for long time, or is it newly occured. Did you change anything or carry it around prior to the issue started? When do this freeze happens (like, can you fullfill a full hour of school work or similar)?
You can try using Windows Event Viewer to see what is causing the crashes.
It started freezing a while ago.. I was thinking maybe it because my old CPU but now i changed my cpu and the cpu fan and it still freeze.. the freezing just happen randomly.. i just played yesterday 2 full hours with no problems then it just freezing everytime.. even after i did a restart
I will be honest i have no idea what im looking at

shadi shtaklef

Reputable
BANNED
Jul 26, 2015
Reactions: JellyTime

JellyTime

Reputable
Jan 29, 2016
go to device manager, expand sound video game controllers, right click on nvidia high definition audio and uninstall it. that should stop the freezing

that was done here View: https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/466m40/for_anyone_suffering_from_random_freezes/

also follow this to stop windows from automatically installing drivers because u dont want windows to bring back the uninstalled device:-
https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/disable-automatic-driver-downloads-on-windows-10
its not on the device manager.. but i will try to re-install the GPU driver to see if its even an option

EDIT: nvm found it. its a software and not a driver. i removed it.

Last edited:

hunghoang

BANNED
Jun 17, 2019
Overheating, hardware failure can cause a system freeze.

These are some ways to stop your pc from freezing:
  • Defragment your hard disk.
  • Format your disk and reinstall your operating system.
  • Delete any files you no longer need.
  • Restart your computer on a regular basis and many more..

JellyTime

Reputable
Jan 29, 2016
So..Its still freezing..
I played a game today for 90 minutes straight and then it started freezing..
I already tried removing temp files,defrag all disks and restart my pc..
I tried to check my ram using memtest86 and got no errors at all. im actually clueless and i feel like doing a format is the only thing that my solve it

Apr 10, 2019
Are all your fans spinning? Overheating could cause it to freeze. You can check cpu temp with this tool:

JellyTime

Reputable
Jan 29, 2016
Are all your fans spinning? Overheating could cause it to freeze. You can check cpu temp with this tool:

All the fans are running and the temps are fine.. After freezing i restart the computer.. It then can freeze after a few minutes

Latest posts