Question PC just restarted by itself randomly! Should I be worried?

May 17, 2020
Ok the reason why im posting this is because this has never happened before. My PC is new and custom built (got it like 5 months ago, i5 9600k, GTX 1660S, 16gb ram, 200gb SSD, 2tb HDD etc.).
What happened was the following:
-I installed Assassins Creed 2 for some nostalgia
-I open it up and go on the graphics settings, I was checking different resolutions and then my PC randomly just restarted
-After the restart was complete, the internet was extremely slow and some programs were not opening that were connected to the internet (such as steam, and discord was very buggy, websites were barely opening)
-I restarted my PC again and now everything works normally.

What could have happened ? Should I be worried?

May 17, 2020
If you right click on windows start tab and go to computer management window, click on tool, click on event viewer, look at those files and see if it tells you anything for the time frame this anomaly happened.
Interesting, so I went and checked, and I saw that a critical situation happened during the time when the anamoly occured, it says "kernel-power" (this was the 2nd time this happened according to the list, 1st time was more than 1 month ago), I think this means that the PC didnt shut down properly.

I checked the Log summary, although it was a bit hard to see everything as its not that organized and I cant filter out the timings, during the anamoly, what occured was something with Microsofts firewall, and Microsoft SetupDeviceManger and Microsoft Office Alerts

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Ok the reason why im posting this is because this has never happened before. My PC is new and custom built (got it like 5 months ago, i5 9600k, GTX 1660S, 16gb ram, 200gb SSD, 2tb HDD etc.).
What happened was the following:
-I installed Assassins Creed 2 for some nostalgia
-I open it up and go on the graphics settings, I was checking different resolutions and then my PC randomly just restarted
-After the restart was complete, the internet was extremely slow and some programs were not opening that were connected to the internet (such as steam, and discord was very buggy, websites were barely opening)
-I restarted my PC again and now everything works normally.

What could have happened ? Should I be worried?
What power supply came with the PC or post a link to the PC.

I would also download and run OCCT and check your processor temps when it's running.

May 17, 2020
What power supply came with the PC or post a link to the PC.

I would also download and run OCCT and check your processor temps when it's running.
I said its custom built and I already told some of the specs :p , the power supply is a Corsair TX550M

The temperatures cant be an issue, its not hot for sure. And this is the first time this has happened

May 17, 2020
That is event 41 and can be anything from software to hardware, it's a power issue most of the time.
Interesting. But surely 550W is enough for a PC nowadays, maybe it was just a fluke? It may happen. My PC is still working very normally. But if it does happen again, then I dont know what to exactly do, my hardware components have all worked fine and are brand new.

ok so kernal power is just an alert to tell you your computer shut down, which you already know. So did you buy this as a new build or did you add new things in to an already existing pc? Please advise as to what motherboard and power supply you have on board also please. In the intrim, try checking your drivers for any needed updates and then update them. The 9600k has been around for awhile so you may need some updating.

May 17, 2020
ok so kernal power is just an alert to tell you your computer shut down, which you already know. So did you buy this as a new build or did you add new things in to an already existing pc? Please advise as to what motherboard and power supply you have on board also please. In the intrim, try checking your drivers for any needed updates and then update them. The 9600k has been around for awhile so you may need some updating.

Everything is brand new, i built it, my power supply is a corsair tx550m and my motherboard is an Asus prime z390.

Where can I update my CPU?