Question PC Just Wont Boot After Installing New Processor, DRAM LED On.

Aug 31, 2020
Hello everyone!
Recently, my CPU's pins got bent by accident while trying to do some checkups, I was able to fix it since the bent was very little but later it started giving me random BSOD.

Thus, I bought a new processor, Ryzen 5 3600 as a replacement for the damaged one.

Now, my PC refuses to boot up after installing the new chip, while the DRAM LED flashes on the motherboard.
I tried the following solutions but none worked so far:
Re-seated the CPU
Changed the CPU to the old one again
Tried with single stick of ram
Reset CMOS
Checked that the ram if it worked in another PC and it did work.

I took out all the components and reconnected them, still of no use. I was wondering if all of these has to do something with the motherboard?
Because all the USB 3.0 ports would malfunction, like it wont detect my mouse or my keyboard's RGBs would become dim and sometimes even registering multiple strokes after pressing one key.

I am not sure what needs to be replaced, is it the motherboard or my new CPU which could be defective? Any sort of suggestion or help is welcome.

My PC Specs:
Motherboard: MSI B450 gaming plus
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz 8x2 sticks
Old Processor: Ryzen 5 2600
Processor: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: Zotac RTX 2070

Thanks!

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2020
I updated the BIOS, still didn't boot. Yes, I did use the old CPU to update the BIOS 6 times and after that, my old CPU wont work either.

(3 times using old CPU, and 3 times using BIOS Flashback)

Aug 31, 2020
Yup, did the CMOS update too, didn't boot. Seems like the motherboard's completely bust. In that case, I might go for a new one...but I wonder if the new CPU sustained some sort of damage since the PC refuses to boot at all.