Pc keep restart after new CPU cooler installation

Tasaras

Reputable
Sep 16, 2014
Hello everyone :)

I have a big issue since I install my new CPU cooler cooler master masterair G100m.

I'm using gigabyte z370 aorus ultra gaming. Intel 8100. Hyper X 16 GB. Xfx Hd 5850 black edition

Today I try to remove stock collet to the masterair g100m I connected to the CPU fan 4x pin and on the RGB on motherboard. The pc start normally I enter windows then after few mins it restart . Then I try to reopen nothing just keep restart. In one point it start normal all work and then after 5 min it restart again and since then just this situation keep going. Idk what to do plz someone help:)

Solution
Mixing RAM sticks is always a gamble, so you shouldn't be too surprised if you run into issues there. I'm a little unclear about the memory configuration; your original post mentions 16GB of Hyper X, but then you mention later 8GB of Hyper X. Also, are you putting the RAM in the correct slots according to the motherboard manual?

Having said all that, you mention that with the Patriot first and the HyperX second everything is okay? If that's the case, stick with that configuration unless you have other problems.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
I don't know if this applies to your new cooler. SOME cooler systems arrive with the thermal paste already applied to the smooth base plate that contacts the top of your CPU chip when installed. To protect that pre-installed thermal paste, they have a thin sheet of plastic - often clear and hard to see - in place that you MUST remove before installing. Did you look for that and remove it?

Mohasin123

Commendable
May 5, 2017

If he didn't, by now the heat from the CPU might have melted that plastic away..lol

Tasaras

Reputable
Sep 16, 2014
I did remove the plastic and CPU are low temperature . Now I used other ram and is working . My old ram 8gb hyperx . New ram patriot. With patrion only reads it normal with hyper only no reading . With patrion first dim and hyper second read both . With hyper first and patrion second . Pc restarts or starts and no image not even bios. I'm getting crazy really I wanna cry cuz I don't understand it ahahahha

neiler0847

Reputable
Mar 25, 2015
Mixing RAM sticks is always a gamble, so you shouldn't be too surprised if you run into issues there. I'm a little unclear about the memory configuration; your original post mentions 16GB of Hyper X, but then you mention later 8GB of Hyper X. Also, are you putting the RAM in the correct slots according to the motherboard manual?

Having said all that, you mention that with the Patriot first and the HyperX second everything is okay? If that's the case, stick with that configuration unless you have other problems.

Solution