[SOLVED] PC keeps automatically restarting ?

Jan 14, 2021
My computer for the past week and a half randomly restarts when playing video games, usually it restarts once in the morning, then throughout the afternoon its fine, then at night a lot of times. (I use my computer all day, but not gaming all day). I've tried multiple fixes via youtube and none seem to work. My power supply is what i think might be the problem, so should I order a new one?

-UPDATE my PC is now restarting every time I open a game

Solution
I'm leaning on that it's the PSU. 450W should be enough....but if the PSU is marginal....then maybe not. Also the fact that it happens at night a lot tends me to think it's the PSU.

What you could do to check the outlet.....is measure the voltage at night at the outlet and see if it's too low.....although I'm not that sure what "too low" is in Australia....I'd guess somewhere around 210 (you could probably google and find out)....being it's supposed to be 230. In the US we are supposed to be at 120...and anything below 110 I'd call bad.

....but I would bet it's the PSU over the outlet....and what's probably happening is the voltage is dipping and the PSU output is dipping and you get a crash.

You could check the PSU output...
What are your system specs?
Have you checked temps?
At this point....there's not much info...but I think it's very possible it's the PSU...as at night there might be load slumps in the voltage at the outlet....and even though PSUs aren't supposed to lower their output when the input goes down.....they can....and this is what could be happening.....or the outlet voltage could be going below spec.
What country are you in?

Jan 14, 2021
What are your system specs?
Have you checked temps?
At this point....there's not much info...but I think it's very possible it's the PSU...as at night there might be load slumps in the voltage at the outlet....and even though PSUs aren't supposed to lower their output when the input goes down.....they can....and this is what could be happening.....or the outlet voltage could be going below spec.
What country are you in?
1060, ryzen 5 2600, 16gb ram, 450W corsair and im in australia

I'm leaning on that it's the PSU. 450W should be enough....but if the PSU is marginal....then maybe not. Also the fact that it happens at night a lot tends me to think it's the PSU.

What you could do to check the outlet.....is measure the voltage at night at the outlet and see if it's too low.....although I'm not that sure what "too low" is in Australia....I'd guess somewhere around 210 (you could probably google and find out)....being it's supposed to be 230. In the US we are supposed to be at 120...and anything below 110 I'd call bad.

....but I would bet it's the PSU over the outlet....and what's probably happening is the voltage is dipping and the PSU output is dipping and you get a crash.

You could check the PSU output voltages with HWInfo. They need to stay within 5% of +12V, +5 and + 3.3V.

Solution
Jan 14, 2021

You could check the PSU output voltages with HWInfo. They need to stay within 5% of +12V, +5 and + 3.3V.
not going to lie that sounds complicated, i can see though, but i believe its t

its now gotten to a point where when i open a game, my computer restarts

These might help you.
Here is an article that's a little dated (3 years) but still good.
Here is the PSU tier list.