Oct 2, 2020
Hey, so I've come across this strange occurrence where my pc beeps what appears to be randomly. It isn't a code or anything, usually its just a long continuous beep with random breaks. I recently upgraded my gpu to a gtx 1660 and I only have a 400w evga psu so I'm thinking it might be a wattage problem. The only thing I can't figure out is why it doesn't beep during gpu intensive tasks like running the games Control, Hitman 2, or those types. Yet it beeps during minecraft? And during normal everyday tasks sometimes like just opening some applications. But other times it doesn't beep. I've checked temps for everything too and they are well below anything to worry about and I've also double checked and the RAM is seated and working properly. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

PC Specs:
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M-D3H
CPU: Intel i-5 3570
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660
RAM: 16gb DDR3
PSU: 400w EVGA

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU and what model is that EVGA unit? In order to rule out a PSU problem, source a higher wattage, reliably built PSU and then power the entire system. If it powers up without any error beeps, then the issue is the PSU.

Oct 2, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU and what model is that EVGA unit? In order to rule out a PSU problem, source a higher wattage, reliably built PSU and then power the entire system. If it powers up without any error beeps, then the issue is the PSU.
Thanks, I appreciate it! The model is 100-N1-0400-L1 and I bought it about a year ago I'd say brand new. Unfortunately I'm the only one with a pc in my house so I don't have another psu besides a duplicate of the evga (bought 2 by accident). I also wouldn't know how to see if it was fixed except by using my pc a lot because I don't know what causes the beeping.
Side Note: I don't get any bootup error beeps