Question PC keeps bluescreening and restarting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 4, 2022
I have a pre built iBuyPower- Trace MR Gaming Desktop from best buy https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypo...6gb-480gb-ssd-1tb-hdd/6465329.p?skuId=6465329

It has a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
11th gen intel(R) Core(TM) i7

The PC ran fine the first few months and then it started to bluescreen almost everyday, multiple times, with different error messages. The most common ones we got were "Driver Overran Stack Buffer" and "IRQL Not Less or Equal" but we also got "Kernal Security Check Failure". Countless calls to the microsoft customer support have done nothing to resolve the issue so could it be a hardware issue. If it is a hardware issue how would I know which parts are the problem? There were three different users associated with the pc since me and my mom both used it. It seems to only bluescreen when using a browser, playing Roblox, being in a discord call (but mainly when screen sharing), or watching a youtube video with sound. We used Microsoft edge if that could be why?

Recently though the monitor has been doing this thing where it goes black and then the pc shuts off like it got restarted and goes back to the sign in. This happens mainly when I try to download Genshin Impact but its also happened a few times when playing Valorant. When downloading Genshin it starts to download then the pc does the restart thing and I lose all my download progress.
This issue was so bad that my mom ended up buying a mac so she didn't have to deal with the daily crashes. Since she got her own computer I removed all the other accounts associated with the pc so that its just one profile.

I use the GeForce Experience app thing to update my drivers and on there it says that the driver is up to date however my task manager says the GPU is using a driver from July. Also could this issue be caused by dust build up, how often should I clean my pc?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I'm curious to ask, what is the age of the build in general and are you outside of your warranty period? You could try and reinstall the OS, after you've recreated the bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools.

Reactions: helpskraps1
Status
Not open for further replies.