[SOLVED] PC keeps booting into Bios

Isumi12

Reputable
Sep 7, 2016
My PC keeps booting into bios, and Dr. Debug gives me an A6 error code (SCSI detect). Also my HDD doesn't appear as an option to boot from. I've tried both using a different SATA port, and SATA cable.

What can I do to fix this?

Solution
If the drive isn't listed anywhere in the BIOS, and you know it was before, and you have confirmed it wan't a loose cable, or a bad cable, then the most likely cause is a dead drive.

Isumi12

Reputable
Sep 7, 2016
Yep. What is your system like? The system is telling you it can't detect your drive. You have ruled out a loose cable? Could be a dead drive, a dead BIOS battery reset your settings, or maybe a bad SATA port. Anything noteworthy happen before this started?
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PCc6mq
I haven't changed anything in my system for a while. Like I said I tried using a different cable in multiple ports, so that shouldn't be a problem. Can't think of anything significant that would have caused this.

Did 'Secure Boot' somehow become enabled, or, possibly disables if it where it was previously enabled?)

One of the scenarios where it is useful to have a bootable Live CD/USB Mint 19 install....

Although with the BIOS not detecting the drive, it is quite possible or likely the bootable variety of distros would also see nothing...